Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who got an iPhone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
red_devil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Who got an iPhone? Reply with quote

As everyone knows the iPhone went on shelves today. Did anyone manage to get one? Post your thoughts, etc, here! I'm getting mine soon!
Wangja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Who got an iPhone? Reply with quote

red_devil wrote:
As everyone knows the iPhone went on shelves today. Did anyone manage to get one? Post your thoughts, etc, here! I'm getting mine soon!

Why?
JungMin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was supposed to be delivered today, but its nearly 5:00 and I'm iPhone-less. Sad
Vimfuego

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently Korean customs won't release them.....probably due to someone from LG or Samsung being mates/related to someone from the Korean Customs and Excise
jonpurdy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a call from my local SHOW dealer in Ulsan. They just received delivery and I'll be going in after work today to pick one up. (E2 visa, but putting it on co-teacher's account.)
TKDBOY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got mine, been on it all day ... white 32gb ... and it's sweet as ...!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
piratebryan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonpurdy wrote:
I got a call from my local SHOW dealer in Ulsan. They just received delivery and I'll be going in after work today to pick one up. (E2 visa, but putting it on co-teacher's account.)

how is that done? does s/he pay for it and you just pay them back? or is it in your name but she sort of cosigned for you? i really want to get one, but i'm at the end of my contract and haven't gone back in for negotiations yet. i am resigning, but without contract in hand, my e2 is up in february...pretty sure that will disqualify me for a 2 year contract...
jonpurdy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piratebryan wrote:
jonpurdy wrote:

how is that done? does s/he pay for it and you just pay them back? or is it in your name but she sort of cosigned for you? i really want to get one, but i'm at the end of my contract and haven't gone back in for negotiations yet. i am resigning, but without contract in hand, my e2 is up in february...pretty sure that will disqualify me for a 2 year contract...

It's in her name but the money comes out of my bank account. I didn't even need my ARC. Thus, if I break contract, she'll be on the line for the fees (of course, I would never do that to her).

Basically, I'd wait until March when you get a new contract. Get a new co-teacher to sign up for you under their name. Or if you've got good Korean friends or girlfriend do it under them.
Dude Ranch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the plans like? Did you buy the I-phone with a plan or just get the actual unit? how much does it cost in Korea?
jonpurdy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude Ranch wrote:
What are the plans like? Did you buy the I-phone with a plan or just get the actual unit? how much does it cost in Korea?

They don't sell just the unit, which is a bit stupid. Which is why I had to buy it under my co-'s name. Plans are the same as offered to Koreans, of course. Just check SHOW's website for details. I paid about 200,000 up front, plus 65,000 per month. If I cancel I'll end up paying about 300,000, which is still cheaper than buying the phone outright.
TKDBOY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonpurdy wrote:

I paid about 200,000 up front, plus 65,000 per month. If I cancel I'll end up paying about 300,000, which is still cheaper than buying the phone outright.

really you paid 200,000KRW ... I didnt pay a penny, just the 30,000 fee to reserve one online, that was given back in online gift vouchers .... I would double check who has the 200,000... is the shop or KT?
detourne_me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend called me last night on his new one. Right off the bat he said he felt "like a better person" hahahah!
Anyways, Apparently he was able to hook up to the American iTunes store, so, well that's good. Maybe I'll get one for Christmas!
crescent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally. Worth the wait.
jazblanc77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are living in the test market for the best phones in the world... why would you want an iPhone?!

Rolling Eyes
bangbayed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazblanc77 wrote:
You are living in the test market for the best phones in the world... why would you want an iPhone?!

Rolling Eyes

The best phones in the world?

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/28/rim-and-apple-top-u-s-smartphone-market-share/

Scroll down and look at the customer satisfaction rating of Apple compared to LG and Samsung.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 1 of 47

Jump to: