Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who got an iPhone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattAwesome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys. you can walk into any KT or SK store and pickup an iphone with a valid e-2.
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do I stop spam messages on the I phone?

My girlfriend is getting at least 10 different spam messages a day and there seems to be no way to block the messages or mark them as spam...

anyone know?
derp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jailbreak it and get one of the blocking apps
kimun

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anybody already has a u.s. google voice account would recommend "Talkatone" for the iphone. Works great as a free voip app to make calls to the U.S. !
Murakano

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: iphone from abroad Reply with quote

Quick question or 2.....for those of you that brought an Iphone from abroad.

I have an Iphone4 from the U.S and I understand I need to get it jailbroken to use it in Korea....

1. Anyone successfully done that yet and how?

Hopefully if I can jailbreak it, I would be looking to use it with KT as I've heard there is no connection charge that was previously in place.

2. Do I have to sign a 2 year contract with them? Or can it just be month to month and cancel anytime without penaltly charges?

3. What is the minimum payment plan roughly? I'm not a big user so I don't need an expensive monthly plan....mainly internet, text messaging and some calls here and there (I don't need 600 mins etc)

Thanks in advance.
DingusKhan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gangnam global store wouldn't sell me an iPhone because I have less than 6 months on my visa. I thought we only needed 3 months left to get one under the Smart Sponsor plan? I even brought in a copy of that KT pamphlet that was posted here and showed him, but he said it was "wrong."

Wonderful.
DrPepperBall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usual story, had my UK Iphone 3 unlocked by 02, and now have it in Korea. I already have a korean sim card and phone here. The Iphone is not registering the card.....what do I need to do to get my Iphone working?
gqsupersport

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrPepperBall wrote:
Usual story, had my UK Iphone 3 unlocked by 02, and now have it in Korea. I already have a korean sim card and phone here. The Iphone is not registering the card.....what do I need to do to get my Iphone working?

Take it to KT and get it registered. Your simcard will now work. Simple.
kraggy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the cheapest deal out there for the iphone?

My girlfriend got one for 70,000 per month for 300 mins and 300 texts and unlimited internet.

Is there better out there or is that as cheap as it gets?
joshwyatt000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Murakano and DrPepperBall
Was looking into this when i moved over and it turns out Korea has a very closed mobile phone network. Every phone has to be registered with the network, not just the sim card. Yeah, i'd take it into a shop and get it registered then you should be fine.
Can't find the sites at the moment but if you trawl around the forums enough theres more info
munybse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kraggy wrote:
What's the cheapest deal out there for the iphone?

My girlfriend got one for 70,000 per month for 300 mins and 300 texts and unlimited internet.

Is there better out there or is that as cheap as it gets?

Is the 70,000 just the plan? My plan is 55,000 with 300/300/unlimited but paying for the phone each month (spread out over 24 months) and whatever taxes/fees there are make it about 77,000 a month
col89

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question has probably be raised a million times before, but on average how much would an iPhone be to buy in Korea, not on Bill Phone but on Pay-As-You-Go?

I was going to buy one before I left home (my native country), but I think I will leave it and buy one in Korea if I can get one a bit cheaper, and it'd probably be more convenient to buy one in Korea just for the sake of not having the bother to unlock the phone upon arrival.
sm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: iPhone plans Reply with quote

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I pay 80,000 won/month for 200 minutes, 300 texts and unlimited data on a 2 year contract.
mrmaganarich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased an Iphone 4s last week. I noticed that whenever I receive a call from anyone (even if their number is listed in my contact list) the caller ID shows "Unknown Caller with Unknown Number." Does anyone else have this issue?
transmogrifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 months into using my iPhone, here is a list of my favourite apps so far. Many of these are paid apps that I got for free by using AppZapp, which keeps an updated list of paid apps that have gone free for a limited time. Definitely use this if you aren't already, as you get some great deals.

Flipboard (free) - great for keeping up with news, with a very intuitive interface. Also has an Apps section that helps you keep up-to-date with paid apps that have gone free as well
Newsify (paid) - turns your Google Reader subscriptions into a newspaper-like format. Great for browsing through the news.
Maven Web Browser+ (paid) - way better than Safari. Love the clickwheel bookmark function.
SquareDiary (free)- I'm not usually one for keeping a diary, but this one has a single page for each day divided into 9 sections that you can customise and add information to (e.g. exercise, food, movies, trips, friends and family...).
TuneIn Radio (free) - good list of internet radio stations
SmartShuffle (free) - does one thing that the inbuilt music player can't do....shuffles by album!
Groove2 (paid) - my default music player due to its awesome tagging and playlist options (it will randomly generate playlists for you based on categories like "3 of a Kind" - 3 songs in a row by similar bands, a mix based around a single song, etc.)
Snapseed (paid) - the best photo editor around.
Halftone (paid) - turns your photos into vintage comic book panels. Fun.
ColorManager (paid) - does one simple thing...turns your photos black and white except for a single colour you nominate. Think the red dress in Schindler's List
Superimpose (paid) - as the name says, superimpose one photo over another
PicPlayPost (paid)- combine photos or video clips into a single frame
MovBeats (paid) - make a beat using short video clips of yourself making silly noises
VideoGrade (paid) - colour grading editor for your videos
Video Time Machine (paid) - video search engine that returns videos from whatever year you specify.
Squrl (free) - video discovery app, organised by subject
GPlayer (paid) - plays all video formats on your phone.
Naver Webtoons (free)- Korean comics, great for study
Flashcardlet (free) - I use this to learn Korean vocabulary. Can download from a database, or make your own.
Maha (paid) - Twitter app, much better than the official one
Here Easy (free) - text or email someone your location so they can find you using Google maps
Timegg (paid) - timer, alarm, stopwatch that is easy to use and looks great
Ringtone Maker plus Silent Sound (paid/free)- my phone now has Rage Against the Machine's Wake Up blast away when I get a call.
Multi Measures (paid) - metronome, stopwatch, ruler, protractor, seismometer, surface level, teslomoter all in one.
Snapguide (free) - user-submitted How To's for everything
LifeTopix (free for now) - organizational app that has almost every category that you need to keep on top of things

And again, I actually didn't pay for any of those. AppZapp and Flipboard (the Apps section) are the best way to get apps for free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 46 of 47

Jump to: