Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American rapes Korean woman in JimJJilbang
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthews_world

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is getting ridiculous?

What do stats about rape in another country have to do with what happened in South Korea. Go start your own thread.

If they ended up in a jimjilbang, the girl didn't want to be alone in private with the guy in the first place or they would have been in a hotel.

The guy is a scumbag for initiating sexual contact in a public facility in Korea. He was probably hard up and couldn't get any on his own.
Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthews_world wrote:
What do stats about rape in another country have to do with what happened in South Korea. Go start your own thread.

Yeah, okay thread Nazi.

matthews_world wrote:
If they ended up in a jimjilbang, the girl didn't want to be alone in private with the guy in the first place or they would have been in a hotel.

The guy is a scumbag for initiating sexual contact in a public facility in Korea. He was probably hard up and couldn't get any on his own.

Thanks for informing us what the girl did or didn't want. I'm sure the Korean courts will be calling you in as a witness given you know the facts of the case so thoroughly. Thanks for adding in your estimation of a man's character despite never having met him as well.
RufusW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
matthews_world wrote:

Yeah, okay thread Nazi.

Wow, I skipped to the end of this thread and found this. Great stuff!
Reggie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthews_world wrote:

According to the article, the guy was too cheap to get his tooth worked on in America, so he went to Korea where it would be cheaper. While we don't know for sure why they went to the jimjilbang, it's not unreasonable to speculate that the cost could have been a factor on that too. If he's too cheap to get his tooth fixed in America, do we really expect him to spring for a hotel room if there's a cheaper alternative? After all, the guy is a cheapskate.

We don't know for sure what happened. I can tell you for sure that Korean girls aren't any less wild than American girls.

One time in Nashville, USA, I was at Chuck E Cheese with my girlfriend at the time, a lady originally from South Korea. While we were eating pizza and her daughters were busy playing games, she asked me to go to the restroom with her to have sex. I told her that we couldn't. We had fooled around before in a strip club, but I explained that the strip club was an adult venue whereas Chuck E Cheese was a children's venue where the police would get called, we'd get arrested and listed as pubic sex offenders for the rest of our lives, and she'd lose custody of her two young daughters. And who was supposed to supervise those girls if we were off somewhere getting it on?

Looking back on it, if I had accepted her offer and then police would've crashed throught the door of the toilet stall, there's probably a good chance she would've accused me of rape to get out of trouble and keep custody of her kids. She would've likely "saved face."
Olivencia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think of what happend with the guys of the Duke LaCrosse team a couple of years ago and I can't help but feel skeptical sometimes.
Privateer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says sexual assault, not rape, so I don't know why everyone is discussing rape.

Also, the man went to Busan for a dental implant but it doesn't say where from - he could have already been in country.

The bottom line is we don't know what happened so we don't know whether he's guilty or innocent. I read the story thinking it could easily have been a case of public indecency blown up into sexual assault, but then again it could have been something nastier. I doubt the newspapers will follow up on it so we'll never know.
SoCalRich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivencia wrote:
I just think of what happend with the guys of the Duke LaCrosse team a couple of years ago and I can't help but feel skeptical sometimes.

What aspects of this is similar to you?
Olivencia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rape accusation.
SoCalRich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivencia wrote:
A rape accusation.

Well do you also agree that some rape victims do not get justice? Furthermore, isn't there a possibility that the lax players actually did do it? So based on one case in another country, you come to this conclusion?
conrad2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalRich wrote:
Olivencia wrote:
A rape accusation.

Well do you also agree that some rape victims do not get justice? Furthermore, isn't there a possibility that the lax players actually did do it? So based on one case in another country, you come to this conclusion?

In the Duke case, No, there is no possibility whatsoever that they did do it. This has been determined.
Olivencia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just one case. That was just a profound and somewhat recent example. There are others. No need to list them all.
SoCalRich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conrad2 wrote:
SoCalRich wrote:
Olivencia wrote:
A rape accusation.

In the Duke case, No, there is no possibility whatsoever that they did do it. This has been determined.

So the American justice system is absolutely fair and make the right decision every time? The girl had a poor lawyer who was eventually disbarred due to this case while the three guys who went to a fairly elite private school, had access to some of the best lawyers.
Olivencia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please....people like you defending cases like this is a reason why rape cases are held with skepticism.
SoCalRich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie wrote:
matthews_world wrote:

According to the article, the guy was too cheap to get his tooth worked on in America, so he went to Korea where it would be cheaper. While we don't know for sure why they went to the jimjilbang, it's not unreasonable to speculate that the cost could have been a factor on that too. If he's too cheap to get his tooth fixed in America, do we really expect him to spring for a hotel room if there's a cheaper alternative? After all, the guy is a cheapskate.

We don't know for sure what happened. I can tell you for sure that Korean girls aren't any less wild than American girls.

One time in Nashville, USA, I was at Chuck E Cheese with my girlfriend at the time, a lady originally from South Korea. While we were eating pizza and her daughters were busy playing games, she asked me to go to the restroom with her to have sex. I told her that we couldn't. We had fooled around before in a strip club, but I explained that the strip club was an adult venue whereas Chuck E Cheese was a children's venue where the police would get called, we'd get arrested and listed as pubic sex offenders for the rest of our lives, and she'd lose custody of her two young daughters. And who was supposed to supervise those girls if we were off somewhere getting it on?

Looking back on it, if I had accepted her offer and then police would've crashed throught the door of the toilet stall, there's probably a good chance she would've accused me of rape to get out of trouble and keep custody of her kids. She would've likely "saved face."

I agree that that American women aren't any less wild than Korean women. Though, it was unnecessary to add something from your personal life, to prove a generalized statement. Also, considering it was your girlfriend, it's not that wild. Police wouldn't have CRASHED through the door. A Chuckie cheese employee would have found you two and told you to get out. You're just trippin'.
conrad2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalRich wrote:
conrad2 wrote:
SoCalRich wrote:
Olivencia wrote:
A rape accusation.

So the American justice system is absolutely fair and make the right decision every time? The girl had a poor lawyer who was eventually disbarred due to this case while the three guys who went to a fairly elite private school, had access to some of the best lawyers.

I never said anything about the American justice system. I only commented on the Duke case. The lacrrosse players did not rape the girl. 100% confirmed. And you know the reason the alleged victims lawyer was disbarred, dont you. He lied and withheld evidence that he knew would exonerate the players. He knew they were innocent but went ahead anyway for political reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: