Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do I need to bring 1000 razors to Korea?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skookum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay at a different love hotel every night and you'll never hafta buy a razor - they'll come with the room!
atwood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyeon Een wrote:
eamo wrote:
Easter Clark wrote:
http://www.ezshopkorea.com/shop/step_submain.php?orderby_bq=&research_b=&b_code=B20070628025822&m_code=&c_code=&pagenow=1

11,500 for a deodorant... Shocked that's 3 times what they should cost.

razors might be a similar price here in korea as back home, because it would seem the evil gilette company has managed to make their stuff criminally expensive in every country, but deodorant certainly isn't.

i'm still saying bring as much deodorant as you can carry.....

I'm getting back at the evil gilette company! I read an article about how to VASTLY extend the life of your razor.

Basically, when it is getting blunt, run it cutting side away against your forearm about ten times. Your razors don't go blunt, they just get.. messed up with bits and pieces. This cleans up the blade. I've extended the life of my blades maybe 5x since learning this tip..

Storing your razor in oil apparently helps too but I haven't tried that.

Why not just rinse it out? Tap it on the sink?

Another way to extend the life of blades is to dry them after use. The water corrodes the blades. I do this and my blades last twice as long.
atwood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draz wrote:
MattAwesome wrote:
bring a year's supply of your favorite toiletries. it will save you money and time trying to find a replacements.

This is really all you need to know. Trying to find decent products here is frustrating and expensive. I've wasted a fair bit of money and way more grief on horrible products. I started out thinking, whatever, I'M SURE THEY HAVE SHAMPOO IN KOREA LOL. Don't go there. I'm not that fussy, but the Korean version of American shampoo made my scalp start flaking off in huge chunks which is just totally unacceptable.

Remember, just because it says Pantene on the bottle doesn't mean it's the same as Pantene in America.

Shocked

Korean shampoos are formulated harsher than American ones because Korean hair is usually coarse.
umpittse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Do I need to bring 1000 razors to Korea? Reply with quote

cybermutiny wrote:
I'm moving to Korea soon. My question is whether or not a man can fulfill his shaving needs while living in Korea. Do department stores carry decent razors (with multiple blades)? If so, are these razors expensive or reasonably priced?

Loads of razors everywhere in Korea but bring deodorant...it's like gold here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: