Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breaking Bad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recessiontime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa Jan Jo A Hamnida wrote:
Can't wait to see what lessons Mike will impart to Jessie this Sunday.

I've marathon-ed it over the last 5 days too.

I'd imagine Jesse will lose a digit or something along the lines of water boarding. But for Jesse it might be more effective to just execute innocent people he may or may not know, in front of him. He always tears up when that happens.
recessiontime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seoulsucker wrote:
TECO wrote:
This show is pretty good...into Season 3 half way and Walt is becoming kind of unlikeable at this point. Looking forward though to catching up to the newer episodes.

MINOR SPOILER
You will lose all sympathy for Walt by the end of S04E01.

not sure what you are talking about. He is acting pretty cunningly which makes me respect him more. He was smart enough to get leverage and talk his way out of death. He even stood up for his partner when he didn't really have to.
TECO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but he did stand and watch that young woman to choke to death without turning her over. He's shrewd and calculating and saw it in his interest to let her die. That, and he blew the brains out of a drug dealer - and probably killed the other guy after running him over in his car. But they were bad guys, so...

curious to see if the writers will have Jessie "eliminated" and when will Hank start suspecting Walt?
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TECO wrote:
but he did stand and watch that young woman to choke to death without turning her over. He's shrewd and calculating and saw it in his interest to let her die. That, and he blew the brains out of a drug dealer - and probably killed the other guy after running him over in his car. But they were bad guys, so...

curious to see if the writers will have Jessie "eliminated" and when will Hank start suspecting Walt?

I liked that bit about the "WW" - and see how fast Walt remembered the bit about Walt Whitman? Ha, I knew Hank was going to say "Walter White" - I think he's been suspecting Walt for a while now. He's sly - he's a DEA agent, he has to be sly.
seoulsucker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

recessiontime wrote:
seoulsucker wrote:
TECO wrote:
This show is pretty good...into Season 3 half way and Walt is becoming kind of unlikeable at this point. Looking forward though to catching up to the newer episodes.

MINOR SPOILER
You will lose all sympathy for Walt by the end of S04E01.

not sure what you are talking about. He is acting pretty cunningly which makes me respect him more. He was smart enough to get leverage and talk his way out of death. He even stood up for his partner when he didn't really have to.

He didn't talk his way out of ****. Gus knew exactly what he was doing when he walked in.

I like they way IGN summed this scene up:

But the strange thing isn't Victor getting stabbed; it's Walt's reaction in the entire scene. He's blaming other people for his problems and casually defending himself to Gus�even going so far as to blame Gus for making him kill Gale. He didn't even seem to regret having Gale killed by Jesse's hand. Even in his little speech to Gus, his sympathy toward Gale�"he was a good man"�sounds like crocodile tears. He's defending himself by going on the attack, which is something most people don't appreciate. Damn fine acting by Bryan Cranston to make Walt's speech unconvincing and unsympathetic.
recessiontime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TECO wrote:

yeah well, she made it pretty damn easy for him to do so. She did blackmail him. I expect Heisenberg/Walt to continue doing the same for the rest of the series as his safety is continually threatened.

I personally don't understand why he keeps bailing out Jessie, it seems a bit unrealistic. I think the show would of been more interesting if Jessie was killed off in S1 as was scheduled. Right now the show seems more like a circus ( Saul Goodman anyone? ) than a story about tragedy and nice people becoming evil. This show needs to get darker and soon.
Pa Jan Jo A Hamnida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best episode of the season so far tonight. Walt reconciles with Skylar but really steps in it at the end. Jessie bonds with Mike according Gus' plan (predictable).

The Funniest line was spoken by Hank about Gale - It's like Scarface having sex with Mr. Rogers. Second funniest - why does a Vegan eat fried chicken.
TECO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded S04E05 this morning - been looking forward to watching it all week.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Right now the show seems more like a circus ( Saul Goodman anyone? )

Saul is exactly who he would be. That guy who says what he says and is laughing to what he says. Thinks his lines are a little too good for his own good. I know, I've done my fair share of Saul Goodman moments like throwing out ridiculous scandalous advice ideas that sound funny and entertaining (Hey Agent Hoover, I've seen some "ISLAMIC" comings and goings/I'm sure he has illegals working there) but saying that stuff because it made me crack up to it.

Still, I hope the series keeps it a little more hard edged and not go over the lines of believability which it seems to flirt with. Walt right now is spot on. The whole ego things is exactly what happens. The whole Pinkman under Mike's wing stuff and Victor getting his throat slashed seems a touch on the side of thrills and spills.

Seriously, Gus would have just had Pinkman whacked. That's what should have happened. You can never trust a junkie. I heard and knew that line before this show even happened. Pinkman should be dead. But I guess Gus does need him because outside of erratic Walt, only Jesse has the hands on expertise to cook. Though you'd think that with the surveillance cameras that anyone could watch and learn the process.

What I really want to know is what's going on with the Cartel. Seriously, bodies should be dropping left and right over this. We're talking Sinaloa/Zetas/Juarez/La Familia. Gus should have ignited a major war. Far beyond Cleaner Mike's capabilities.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of wasted time in this episode, but I guess they have to set up the story for us. Just thought it was kind of redundant having Jesse out there covering Saul on pick ups for 15 minutes was a bit much, while Walt screws and gets back together with his wife...and Jesse feels like he's needed - the perfect solution to his drug fueled partying lifestyle. Ole' El Pollo Loco dude knows how to manipulate him, but I saw that whole vegetarian - Chicken connection coming a mile away.
2i2dk1ny2i3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa Jan Jo A Hamnida wrote:
Best episode of the season so far tonight.

yeah i agree, this last Episode 5 of Season 4 titled: "Shotgun" was this Seasons best episode thus far

the Episode titles play a Huge part in every Episode and i think thats a nice touch
DorkothyParker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just caught it and I concur that it is the best one so far.

I wouldn't say they wasted a lot of time. I think several of the episodes this season have had some "interestingly" directed music montages. But I enjoyed this one significantly more than others.

Also I love the Batman-Joker type relationship Walt and Hank seem to have. I'm very excited. ^^
Pa Jan Jo A Hamnida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessie's got the shakes.

Good Walt episode so far with 2 small victories before the 30 minute mark.
vDroop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season hasn't really impressed me so far. Seriously, nothing happens, it's so damn slow compared to past seasons.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vDroop wrote:
This season hasn't really impressed me so far. Seriously, nothing happens, it's so damn slow compared to past seasons.

My thoughts exactly, although today's episode wasn't too shabby. Love the car he bought for the kid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: