Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Runs...Osaka
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James1

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave at 10am from incheon and return the following day 1pm is that enough time to get my visa. Does anyone know for sure?
Odyssey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just thought I would see if anyone else was going on a Visa run tomorrow (August 15). I realize its a korean holiday, so heres hoping the consulate is open!
Samantha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone doing a Visa run somewhere in the near immediate future within the next 10 days? I'm switching jobs and will be going probably around next Friday the 14th.
bacasper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing the visa run next week. From Incheon, where is the best place to do it, Osaka, Tokyo, Fukuoka, other? Do\ all three consulates take the same two days to process the visa?

Anyone else going?
bacasper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to get a better fare for Seoul-Japan than the $500-600 USD I am fionding on my internet search? How about a good Seoul travel agent? Will everything be closed until after Chuseok?
littlelisa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a visa run to Osaka on Thursday/Friday this week. Is anyone else going?
davai!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am. I'm on the 9:35 Korean Air flight. PM me to meet up.

Cheers.
az

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Recent Intelligence - Accurate and Verified Reply with quote

elemgarak wrote:
On 9th Nov �06 I returned from Osaka, Japan on an economical Visa run. Before leaving I�d found a wealth of information on line regarding the run, but none of it seems to reflect just how easy it really is (plus some of it is getting quite old now). So the following is an account of my recommendations from start to finish.

Make sure you have the following:
1. Visa Confirmation Number,
2. Passport Photo,
3. Name and Address of Employer,
4. At least 150,000W (15,000Y) for expenses
E.G. Visa cost/Accommodation/Transport/Food etc

(You MUST exchange Won for Yen BEFORE YOU LEAVE)

To The Airport:

Getting to Incheon International Airport from Incheon or Seoul is easy by bus. The Airport Limousine buses regularly run along many of the main roads. Look around for blue bus stops with a picture of a plane at the top. They are labelled in English for the airport anyway.

From southern Incheon it cost me 6,500W and took just over an hour. From Seoul it is apparently up to 9,000W and can take up to two hours depending on traffic.

Incheon is an efficient airport. Check in procedure is quick, simple and self-explanatory. The flight lasts around 1 hour and 40 minutes.

At Kansai Airport:

Japanese immigration can take a long time � for me, over 45mins. Then proceed from there through the customs security check and into the arrival section.

Once through the arrival doors, walk ahead and the information desk and turn left just after it to go up the escalator (for the train into Osaka).

Turn right at the top and walk across the overpass towards the train ticket area. Go to the booth (on your left) and ask for a ticket to Namba station. The �Rapid� Express costs 1400Y taking 30 minutes, and the regular service costs 890Y and takes around 45mins.

With your ticket, walk through the passenger gates behind you and down the stairs to the train platforms below. (The blue line to Namba).

[There is NO great rush to get there on time. The consulate will accept applications after lunch (11:30 � 1:30). Don�t waste time, but a morning arrival gives you plenty of time]

In Namba Station:

Namba is really not THAT complicated. Follow the crowds off the train through the passanger gates (have ticket ready).

Follow the yellow signs (directly ahead) for �Midusuji and ShinsaibashiSuji� and the North Exit. This will take you past some shops, down an escalator or two, and out onto the street. Simple.

To The Embassy:

Once outside you can see the massive �ToHo� cinema in front of you, with a main road down its left side (heading away from the station) � this is Midusuji. This goes all the way to the embassy.

Walk to that road and proceed down the left-hand side. You will pass the Shin-Kabuki Theatre (a big, old building) and a Subway (sandwich shop), before walking under a large bridge.

Continue onwards past subway exit 25, and a McDonalds, and then over the river (you will see a large yellow fairground wheel on your right).

Continue for just 100 metres more and the Korean Consulate is on your left, with a large Korean flag outside and two sullen looking security guards. Easy wasn�t it?

Inside the Embassy:

Go up the steep, post-modern looking staircase, and once inside head for the read of the office. At the window at the far end there is a tray full of Visa forms. Fill one in!

Take a window service number from the machine (small & grey) set against the corner of the counters, near the entrance.

When your number comes up, see the staff at the window and give your Visa number, completed form, photo, and passport.

You will be told to go to another machine (white) opposite the entrance for a Visa ticket (you pay your 6,000Y into here for your Visa) � press the appropriate number (you will be told).

Return to the window for your �Visa Receipt� and you shall be told to return the next day (preferably in the morning when it is less busy).

The next day, take a number as before and at the same window give them your receipt. You shall have your approved visa and passport back within minutes.

[The Visa is activated on re-arrival into Korea, but must be approved at the Immigration Office in Seoul within 90 days. Speak to your director about this]

Accommodation:

If you were like me and on a budget, you will want the cheapest place to stay in Osaka. That is The Capsule Inn, on Asahi Plaza. Look it up yourselves, but you get what the name implies. A capsule containing a bed, light and TV for 2,700Y per night. Check out is at 10am and 500Y every hour is charged after that. Breakfast of salad, egg, toast and coffee is 400Y (but be quick and early).

From the embassy, turn left as you come out and walk 150 metres � up to Tomorrow Land department store on your left. Turn left here.

Follow this street of bohemian style clothes, jewellery and music stores for about 100m and you will reach the plaza. It has vending machines outside & a fountain.

Take your first left here.

20 metres on the right is The Capsule Inn (yellow sign). It sits beneath a large irregularly shaped tower block and opposite �King Kong� record store.

I hope this is some help to at least a handful of people out there. If you have any questions let me know. On the other side of Midusuji is Shinsaibashi Suji � this is a THE place to shop and is one long, sheltered row of shops.

For a good night out, check out Murphy�s Bar on the other side of ShinsaibashiSuji. Mine�s a Bulmers!

thanks so much! i just returned from my first visa run and thanks to this info, things went incredibly smoothly. All the info is accurate, up to date and extremely helpful. thanks!
davai!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto. Thanks for that.

A couple things to add:

1. Bring a copy of your passport. New Japanese law requires a passport/copy to check in to your hotel. Without it you will be SOL.

2. About 150 meters past the Korean Consulate is the new Apple Store.
Their floor models (even the new ipod touches) are all online. Free email!
littlelisa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, it was great.

Also, I recommend checking out Kyoto. A train from Umeda station cost me 390 Yen to get there.

Last edited by littlelisa on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
b-rank

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am heading to Osaka tomorrow for my run. I printed off the stuff, so hopefully I won't do something stupid like get lost Smile. I'm a bit nervous and just want everything to go smoothly. But hey, if anyone is going tomorrow as well, PM me and we'll figure something out...
Desiree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going Monday. I almost went today but someone told me they don't work on Saturday anymore. I'm a bit nervous too.
timmeh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Osaka RUN Nov. 12/07 Reply with quote

I'm leaving for Osaka @ 10 am this upcomming Monday so if anyone else is doing a visa run as well let me know.

cheers
angelgirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: a question Reply with quote

How long did it take to have the visa processed? A day? A part thereof?
Thank you
davai!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready next day by about 11:30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: