Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

apostilles, garda clearance, time line from ireland to korea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jobot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: apostilles, garda clearance, time line from ireland to korea Reply with quote

I have to get the documents ready for working in korea. Im from ireland so I have to get my an apostille for my degree, the garda clearance, anyone know how long this might take? my passport. any other documents or hicupps which may take time in your experience?
crystal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience it doesn't take that long. Go to your local garda station and fill in the form, you should get the clearance back within 2 weeks, maybe less. You need to go to a solicitor/public notary to get your degree copy notarized. When you have the garda clearance and the notarisation send it to the department of foreign affairs. It costs �20 per document, and again it's about two weeks till they send it back to you.
candyteacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your garda check can take a week or two in my case less than a week. You need to make a copy of your degree and get it notorised by a notary public or commisioner of oaths as the above poster said. If you're strapped for time, you can take the documents (i.e your notorised degree and garda check) to Dublin yourself and get them appostilled in the Dept or Foreign affairs it takes about 20 mins. When you have everything together send by via FedEx or anyother trusted carrier and they should arrive in Korea in approx a week.
the ireland

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as said above, all can be done in less than 2 weeks.

Garda check takes 1-2weeks depending where you are. I got mine back in less than a week last year and that was when there was bad snow over christmas and the post office was closed down over the christmas bank holiday.

You do not need the big background check that involves paying them money and getting a chek from Thurles. You pretty much just need a signed letter from your superintendent stating you have no crimes.

photocopy your degree, take it to a commissioner of oaths get him/her to sign and stamp it. (cost about �10-�20)

Take the copied degree to the office of supreme court in the four courts in dublin, get the to authenticate the signature by the commissioner of oaths (this is free and hsould only take about 10 minutes. They are really nice to deal with and do as much to help you out as possible)

Then take both the stamped and signed degree copy and your background check to the dept of foreign affairs in stephens green and have them stamp it. This takes about 20 mins (longer if the place is packed, but it shouldn't be) and costs �20 per stamp (�40 total). Should you decide to post it to them then you will have to wait up to 2 weeks to get it back.

Then take your documents, add in the contract, copy of passport, health form, passport photos and if they still insist on them then the transcripts of your results too. call fedex and have them collect them at your house and send them to korea, they should get there the next day or at most 2 days later...fedex costs about �65-70 to send it from Ireland to korea.

You will have to wait about 1-2weeks to get your visa number from korea.

when you get it, call the korean embassy. quote them your number and they will give you a time and date to come for an interview (I think they are held every tues/thurs). do the interview, pay them �40 or so to process the visa (you will also need a couple of passport photos and your passport).

You can collect your visa after 3-4 days or so.

then come to korea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: