Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless Router Unicorn 3300NR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshea8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Wireless Router Unicorn 3300NR Reply with quote

We bought a Unicorn 3300NR router and are trying to password protect it. Since my girlfriend and I both have Macs, it wasn't necessarily to install any software, and it connected right up to the computer. The user guide is obviously in Korean so that doesn't really help us. How do you password protect it?

We tried going into Network and creating a password for our wireless there, but it doesn't save and reverts back to no password once we close it.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your post mean you tried typing http://192.168.10.1

You might be able to even click on that as a link off of this page.

That is what you type in where you'd type in a web page to access the internal menu system of the router.

From there, click on 자동 설정

Then click 무선 설정

Then click 무선 기본 설정 and enter a name for your router, and choose a channel you want (or just leave it default). Click Enter (left button)

To set the password, click 무선 설정

Then 무선 보안 설정

Set it to AES and enter a password of choice in the bottom box. Click Enter (left button)

You should also password-lock your entire router. I think that's done off of the main page after you type in the web access address, but i forget.
jvalmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:

usually it's http://192.168.0.1 - but sometimes it may be different
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvalmer wrote:
Swampfox10mm wrote:

usually it's http://192.168.0.1 - but sometimes it may be different

It depends on where they got the internals from.

Basically, all of these routers purchase their internals from the same 3 or 4 companies. Then they add their own custom firmware/menus and shell.

Generally, the codes are 192.168.0.1, or ending in 1.1, 2.1, or 10.1,
Joshea8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, unfortunately we already tried those ip addresses as well as the ip address written in the Unicorn instructions. They just say cannot be found. So you just need to be connected to the network, and what should happen is you enter the ip address and it should work?

But I'll try editing the last few digits more. Thanks for the suggestions. We'll keep trying.
jvalmer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joshea8 wrote:
Yes, unfortunately we already tried those ip addresses as well as the ip address written in the Unicorn instructions. They just say cannot be found. So you just need to be connected to the network, and what should happen is you enter the ip address and it should work?

But I'll try editing the last few digits more. Thanks for the suggestions. We'll keep trying.

If you're having trouble with those IP's, plug your computer into the router with a network cable (unless you've already tried that already, then I'm not sure what you can do without me being there).
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question, but do you have the connections plugged-in correctly? Never hurts to double-check.
Joshea8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yeah. Everything is plugged in correctly.

We found the right ip address today, but the ID and PW given in our user guidebook is invalid. So we're stuck.

Any ideas on how to get past it? Or for what the ID and PW for Unicorn routers are?
Pangit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the reset button and stick a paper clip in it to reset to factory default, then use the default username/password. Assuming you bought this used.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pangit has it.

The reset is likely a small button or hole you have to stick some thing in. Usually it takes three to seven seconds of holding it in.
Skippy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your router wireless? You have to setup by wire first. Meaning if you have it plugged in and you think you can go http 192.X.X.X and so on over the air. For the inital setting - NO. No you need to connect via an ethernet cable first. There may be setting for setting up the router via wireless but

So your wireless router should go like this

Internet Connection (aka modem/dsl modem/ethernet connection) ---------> Wireless Router --------> to Computer.

The connections should all be by wire/ethernet first. Then use the computer to log on to the router by browser - use IE if possible since it it is Korea. Go to http:// 192.168.123.254 (the number included in the Manual. It will likely ask for a login and password. According to the website it is admin/admin. You may also want to set up you wireless router as a bridge. How to do that exactly I do not know. From this point it might be a bit of guess work. But overall most will be Korean words will be Konglish. Well past this point I can not give much help.

Give me a PM and I will send a phone number and maybe I can help walk you thru what to do.
rayne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread but I am having the same problem. I tried so many different IP addresses (one from the manual) and others from online and it doesn't work. I tried resetting it the router and everything. I tried different browsers, including IE.

The IP address on the manual is

I tried to connect to the router through my computer by adding a new network, but it needs the PIN that's supposed to be at the back of the router but there's no PIN!

Can anyone help me?
tatertot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayne wrote:
I know this is an old thread but I am having the same problem. I tried so many different IP addresses (one from the manual) and others from online and it doesn't work. I tried resetting it the router and everything. I tried different browsers, including IE.

The IP address on the manual is

I tried to connect to the router through my computer by adding a new network, but it needs the PIN that's supposed to be at the back of the router but there's no PIN!

Can anyone help me?

Are you unable to open a configuration page at all, or is there a prompt for a PIN when you attempt to access the configuration page?

One way you might find the IP of the router (to access the configuration page) if you don't know it is to connect your computer to the router via ethernet cable and type "ipconfig" in the Windows command prompt. Then, look for something like "default gateway" and the 192.168.x.x number may be the IP of your router.

If you already have the IP address but can't access the configuration page because you don't know the PIN, then I don't know anything that could help.
Sukisho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is old, but I had to google search "pin for Unicorn router" and this thread came up so I thought I would post for those that might need help in the future. I had no instructions just the router and wall plug.

At first I tried to just connect to the WiFi and configure the network, but I was asked for a pin that not only wasn't on the device, but without the manual, I couldn't get one.

I took the advice from @Skippy, and plugged in the ethernet cable I had brought with me. Then I used this address: 192.168.123.254 and the password combo was admin/admin. then i clicked on WLAN and then clicked on 보안 설정. Here I could change the encryption key. I was not concerned with changing the name. The apply button is the one that reads: 적용. Then, I closed the brower and unplugged the ethernet. At this point I tried to connect and it worked! Success

Just want everone to know thanks for helping out, I would still be wired if not for yall!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: