Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Choices, choices...which smartphone should I get?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Choices, choices...which smartphone should I get? Reply with quote

I was leaning towards the iphone 4, but I hate how Apple keeps coming out with new stuff and the iphone 5 will be here sooner rather than later, I think. Plus, most of the Koreans I know have an Android type, so maybe the iphone isn't that wonderful if they don't have one.

I am thinking of the LG Optimus, especially since it comes in pink. I am also thinking of the HTC Desire, and even the iphone 3...I've been researching for the last 2 weeks and just don't know which is best. I don't like how Apple confines us to itunes, unless the phone is jailbroken. Plus, the no customizing thing. But, maybe I will be stuck with an iphone, because I am not sure if LG will sell a phone on a one year contract, or if T World will sell an HTC Desire on a one year contract. And, if i get a regular phone, like the Lollipop 2, it still isn't a smartphone, and almost everyone I work with has a smartphone. But, I am also concerned that foreigners may have a hard time getting apps for an Android. I've heard some say that T World's website gave them trouble about getting apps because of the whole foreign ID number thing.
toonchoon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new LG optimus looks promising.

If you plan on sticking around Korea, get a Korean to sign up for you. They sign the contract, you pay with your bank card, the bill comes to your house etc. Of course, they're on the contract, so should be somebody u trust/ they trust you.

No to iPhone. Like you said, confined to itunes, and unless you're a Mac user and already using iTunes, and like iTunes, making the switch is not that easy. i love the drag and drop feture of my Samsung phone.
nobbyken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister in law was just at the house with her LG Optimus, I like it, but she's on a 30-month contract of 34K a month.
I would probably get one tomorrow if I could get a 12-month contract, although it doesn't have a forward facing cam for skype.
hanguker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait for the dual-cores. They'll be out really soon.
zappadelta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanguker wrote:
Wait for the dual-cores. They'll be out really soon.

New Optimus is dual core, and sweet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: