Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iHerb shipping?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plato's republic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customer service isn't their strongest point. I guess they're getting lazy. Perhaps they've become so successful that they feel they don't really need to bother attending to customer needs as much.
optik404

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first time ordering from iherb....

Do you type in your address in Korean? It asks for a state and zip code, what the hell am I supposed to put in the box?

and what is this co-signee business
atwood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optik404 wrote:
My first time ordering from iherb....

Do you type in your address in Korean? It asks for a state and zip code, what the hell am I supposed to put in the box?

and what is this co-signee business

English works fine. I'm already registered so I can't see the address screen, but my guess if if you put in the country first, then the screen will change to reflect that.

Never ran across the co-signee.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weso1 wrote:
Yeah I tried yesterday (and was about to make a post about it!)

CJ is still an option, but you need a Korean "cosignee" meaning a Korean willing to give you their address, phone number, and registration number.

What is the deal? It's like as soon as Korea sees something becoming popular from outside, they try to shut it out and force you to buy what's in country.

Anyway, I ended up just choosing international airmail. Should be here in a week, which is only slightly longer than the old way.

Next time the North goes on a rant about South Korea being a capitalist country, we should just tell them about these incidents to prove it really isn't.
OBwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ordering from Iherb for the first time and it's asking me for my passport info. It wants it in this format: FAA000000000(F+Country code+passport number)
Anyone know exactly what this means? Is the country code the same 2 digit number for phones calls-82? What does the F stand for, anything? It also gives 9-zeros for the passport number, but I only have 8 characters for my passport, maybe it's different for other countries?
Would really like to make this order asap. Any help is apprectiated.
Thanks.
Kepler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBwannabe wrote:
I'm ordering from Iherb for the first time and it's asking me for my passport info. It wants it in this format: FAA000000000(F+Country code+passport number)
Anyone know exactly what this means? Is the country code the same 2 digit number for phones calls-82? What does the F stand for, anything? It also gives 9-zeros for the passport number, but I only have 8 characters for my passport, maybe it's different for other countries?
Thanks.

The country code is US for Americans and CA for Canadians. Americans have nine digit passport numbers.
EZE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always impressed with iHerb's speed of delivery.
OBwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kepler wrote:
OBwannabe wrote:
Thanks.

The country code is US for Americans and CA for Canadians. Americans have nine digit passport numbers.

Thanks. Does F stand for anything, or do I literally just type "F"?
Kepler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBwannabe wrote:
Kepler wrote:
OBwannabe wrote:
Thanks.

Thanks. Does F stand for anything, or do I literally just type "F"?

I am guessing it might stand for "foreigner", but you only need to type "F".
Jake_Kim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBwannabe wrote:
Thanks.

The 'Country code' in this context is the ISO 2-letter code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2), which is in fact the international standard, not some set unique only to the Korea Customs. Thus US for the United States or CA for Canada is indeed correct, so is GB for the United Kingdom, AU for Australia, DE for Germany, and so forth.
(The use of ISO Codes is explicitly stated by the Customs on their manual in Korean)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: