Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just ate an awesome bacon sandwich
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The OP is what?
Right on
39%
 39%  [ 15 ]
Deluded
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Obviously quite drunk
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Just like You
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Having a nervous breakdown
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No Chuck Norris
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 38

NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent the past couple of days making different types of pickles. I made beets, red onions, and eggs. The pickles were ready this morning, so my husband just had a flat bread with melted cheese and the onions for lunch. The beets are nearly ready, and will be perfect in a couple of days. The eggs won't be ready for about a week.

I just had a whole-wheat English muffin with cream cheese, chives, black pepper, and smoked salmon.
HarryMorgan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a potential buttery 9 1/2 Weeks vibe from this thread.
JustinC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found good asparagus in the shops yesterday, so I'll be making some nice asparagus tarts.

That was for you, Harry.

Really it'll be creamy asparagus sauce with pasta, and maybe some home-made (non-sweet) garlic bread.
JustinC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice salad today; lots of lettuce, thinly sliced (raw) carrot, baby tomatoes, raw asparagus, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms fried in olive oil with lots of garlic, monini balsamic vinegar.
JustinC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight it was salmon steak, fried in a little butter, some lemon juice and olive oil drizzled over, served with a salad with Italian dressing, and home made potato wedges, and with a bottle of red.
lemak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustinC wrote:
Tonight it was salmon steak, fried in a little butter, some lemon juice and olive oil drizzled over, served with a salad with Italian dressing, and home made potato wedges, and with a bottle of red.

Maybe (probably) I'm retarded, but don't you think salmon is a little better baked in the oven than fried? You wrote the last page you just got one of those convection f*ckers. Put some olive oil on some foil, then the salmon, sprinkle some salt, a little lemon and if you have some herbs or herb mix (oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, sage, marjoram etc.) put a little of this on the fish. Wrap it in the foil and then bake for 10 mins or so.....will have to google the time and temp though since the brain is currently a little poisoned by Chinese brandy....Nonetheless I do this every few weeks and it's awesome shit.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I think a thread with this title deserves a sticky.

Groceries
Hagwon Contract Disputes
Awesome Bacon Sandwich
JustinC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
Maybe (probably) I'm retarded, but don't you think salmon is a little better baked in the oven than fried? You wrote the last page you just got one of those convection f*ckers. Put some olive oil on some foil, then the salmon, sprinkle some salt, a little lemon and if you have some herbs or herb mix (oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, sage, marjoram etc.) put a little of this on the fish. Wrap it in the foil and then bake for 10 mins or so.....will have to google the time and temp though since the brain is currently a little poisoned by Chinese brandy....Nonetheless I do this every few weeks and it's awesome shit.

Ooh, that's a good idea I'd completely forgotten about. You can also put some white wine in if you're able to seal the foil well enough. Yum.

Today I had home-made bulgogi. I marinaded some good quality, thinly-sliced American beef in sliced garlic, ginger, chilli, onion, some sesame seeds, black pepper, sugar and soy sauce for a couple hours, fried and served with rice. The beef melted in my mouth (onion especially tenderizes beef).
Yagremohbhg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I just save money by gathering and eating grasses and bark covered in red paste. Why pay 5000 for it at gimbap chungook when I can gather my own for free?

I'm not kidding. I live on a small island near Yeongdo and set roped-bucket traps near the harbour everyday too and return and check my catch after my day at my hakwan. More often than not I'll have a cpl of some sort of small fish, a small octopus or two, three to five sea snails, maybe a small crab. HELLO FREE FOOD and enough dinner for one. Some days the catch will be light so I'll add the tree barks and grasses, leaves etc, and cover them in gotchujang I got in a sale and bulk the meal up that way.

i used to read a lot of SAS / survivalist books, so I know what's good and what's not.

Why pay for food when it's free? The notion has always struck me as odd tbh.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making beef and Guinness stew tomorrow.
ilikekimchi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am making kimchi and ondeggi stew tomorrow.
JustinC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had beef vindaloo last night, it was outrageously good. The beef was Australian, from Homeplus, and the curry 'gravy' was made using a paste by Asian Home Gourmet. I added coconut powder and minced coriander at the end for some extra yum.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made oatcakes today as a Valentine's treat for my husband.

http://www.allotment.org.uk/recipes/light-meals-snacks/north-staffordshire-oatcake
JustinC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking her out for dinner tonight, there's a place which does quite a few veggie meals.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I boiled butter and attempted to strain the liquid butter fat thru a coffee filter. Cool

...it's a slow day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: