Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obamacare upheld
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guavashake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
guavashake wrote:
sirius black wrote:
You're on an Obamacare thread talking about Ferguson? LOL...says it all.

I'm talking about you... and your attempt to justify lies and fairy tales. On this thread and any thread... You seem to have a chronic problem.

So, you have a problem with me specifically? ooooh is that so. Hmm...so the f*ck what. Add that to the list of things I could give a flying eff about.

Probably upset because I tell the truth and as Jack Nicholson said "You can't handle the truth".

Address the points I made about Obamacare and this thread and comment about other things on that thread and respect the people reading this thread who want to discuss Obamacare.

I don't have a problem with you, you are the one who originally posted to me. It looks like you do care because you responded.

I did address the point you made. You justify lies and false stories, and that says it all about you. And I don't need to take orders from you, eff that.
sirius black

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commented on OBAMACARE. end of story. The rest is some other BS not related to the thread.
guavashake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
I commented on OBAMACARE. end of story. The rest is some other BS not related to the thread.

In addition to commenting on that health insurance scam you responded to my post.
You support lies that further your cause. Maybe you forgot.
There is a cure for that affliction. Have you signed up for that scam?
sirius black

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong. Stop lying. My whole post was about Obamacare in its entire context. Stop trying to start something else with whatever agenda you're on. Lets talk about Obamacare on this thread. ONLY. Don't write about your insecurities regarding me. Address the topic please.
guavashake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
Wrong. Stop lying. My whole post was about Obamacare in its entire context. Stop trying to start something else with whatever agenda you're on. Lets talk about Obamacare on this thread. ONLY. Don't write about your insecurities regarding me. Address the topic please.

You did respond to my post as follows. And you did talk about the value of lies to support an agenda, which is your forte. And you are the worst speller on Dave's.

Answer the question please. Have you signed up for the big scam? The deadline is hours away...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/12/obamacare-deadline-2014_n_6311070.html

"Of courst some of the Dems lied. But thats a deflection. Would it have passed otherwise? Maybe not. DOes it matter. Yes, the system should be free and open.

However, its a deflection of the issue of healthcare generally and some of the architects lying about it does NOT mean it is not needed. Johnson lied about parts of the Civil Rights Act. He threatned, bribed, berated congressmen for the votes. If you look at any socaetal changing act like the woman's right to vote, or gay marriage or whatever, I wouldn't be surprised to see that someone lied about something to get it passed.

Lets talk about the need. The need is there and the FACT is that the opposition to it is or at least the funding, is based totally on the health care industry's greed. In every society I can thnk of doctor's live at least n upper middleclass life in their country.

Europe's doctor's are wealthy. Europe has successful pharmaceutical companies. Guess what? They also have national health care. Its more than doable and with our size it would be cheaper than what the european countries citizens pay.

So, stop using deflection as a reason why it shouldn't happen. Talk about why it should or shouldn't on its own merits."
sirius black

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

America has the highest cost of health care in the world...by far.
Over 60 percent of personal bankruptcies are due to medical expenses. That's a crisis.
Obamacare is actually working. A form of national healthcare has worked in all the G8 nations to varying degrees but all better than the present system.

There you go.
guavashake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
America has the highest cost of health care in the world...by far.
Over 60 percent of personal bankruptcies are due to medical expenses. That's a crisis.
Obamacare is actually working. A form of national healthcare has worked in all the G8 nations to varying degrees but all better than the present system.

There you go.

Obamacare: Saying 'it's working' doesn't make it true

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/30/opinion/mccarthy-obamacare-not-working/index.html
President Barack Obama needs to learn a simple lesson: Saying something doesn't make it true.

Though the President has claimed victory touting 8 million "enrollments" under his health care law, Americans cannot and will not wipe their memories clear of the botched rollout and continual failings of Obamacare.

Democrats have sustained their tactic of telling everyone the health care law is working, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Perhaps if they say it enough, their reasoning goes, it will become true.

Well, Obama can have his own opinions and he can even assert falsehoods as truth, but he can't conjure fact....
sirius black

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obamacare oppostion. The old obvisusly unfair broken system that causes bankruptices is preferred than Obamacare. A program that Republicans stripped as much as they could from it because they knew it would work.

The fact is its looking better than the old system which wasn't a system, its a misnomer.

Obamacare oppositions have no response to helping Americans get a better healthcare on the political level becuase they are being paid off by the heathcare industry to fight it.

Just because you say its not working doens't make it so. The FACT is even some Republican governors have given up trying to fight it and embraced it.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2014/08/28/another-big-boost-for-obamacare/
the Medicaid expansion has created political complications for Republicans, particularly in swing states. It is broadly popular and the argument against taking all that federal money to cover one’s own constituents is a tough one to make. Multiple GOP Senate candidates continue to refuse to say whether they oppose allowing the expansion to proceed in their states. The Republican governors who accepted the expansion are faring better in polls than GOP governors who didn’t.

In Pennsylvania, the Medicaid expansion has solid majority support, and Corbett’s Dem opponent has been hamming him over the lag in accepting it. Corbett had fallen well behind for reelection.

Question to you is what's better Obamacare or what we had prior. Don't deflect, answer it so we know where you stand.
guavashake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how much non-compliance penalty will you pay for 2014 ?
The non-compliance penalty is scheduled to double in 2015 and increase again in 2016 an 2017...

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/health/2014/10/02/how-much-is-the-obamacare-penalty-not-having-health-insurance/
sirius black

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translation: I don't have an answer to the gist of my question. Obamacare (or such similarsystem) is better than what we have now but for reasons I won't admit I didn't want it.
guavashake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
I don't have an answer to the gist of my question. Obamacare is better than what we have now but for reasons I won't admit I didn't want it. America has the highest cost of health care in the world...by far.

And it is not getting more affordable.
sirius black

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article is titled "How Much is the Obamacare Penalty? What You’ll Pay For Not Having Health Insurance"
and its about the cost of NOT having Obamacare. So what? Uninsured go to the emergency room now they are paying thousands. This makes no sense and is NOT a valid or acceptable arguement for opposing Obamacare.

The FACT is even Republican governors who strongly opposed it has accepted it as a better option.

Furhtermore the article states:
The cost of the 2014 Obamacare penalty is calculated in one of two ways, with you paying the higher amount. The penalty is either 1% of your taxable income, or it is $95 per adult and $47.50 per child with a maximum amount of $285.

Its a few hundred bucks. Hardly going bankrupt. This makes no senes as avalid argument against Obamacare.
guavashake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49-State Analysis: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Premiums By Average Of 41%

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/11/04/49-state-analysis-obamacare-to-increase-individual-market-premiums-by-avg-of-41-subsidies-flow-to-elderly/

One of the fundamental flaws of the Affordable Care Act is that, despite its name, it makes health insurance more expensive.
sirius black

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could match you link or link that obmacare is working (
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/27/us/is-the-affordable-care-act-working.html#/
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102208216) overall it means jack squat.

The FACT is that even Republicans have said its here to stay and they have the majority. The FACT is Republican governors who were aganst it have stopped holding out because their own constituents have demanded it.
Its also intellectually dishonest not to mention that the bill proposed is far short of the one that passed having been stripped of many things in it.

So far, its generallly deemed a success....so far. Time will tell but for now it is. End of story really.
sirius black

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and againt, no obamacare is better than what we were doing before? A simple yes or no will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: