Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone having problems with the PSN store lately?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PEIGUY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of doing that. I just was
Wondering if I woukd have a problem as the game itself was activated on my Korean account but played on the Canadian
account.. I'm gonna look into it
szypul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEIGUY wrote:
I was thinking of downloading Armour Kill on my PS3 for BF3 ( with my K account that I had to use to activate my account. I don't play BF3 with mynkorean account I use mynCanadian account. Could I buy a Canadian PSN. gift card and put it on my Canadian account to purchase the DLC?

If you have Korean version of Battlefield 3 you need to buy DLC in Korean psn store. If you buy dlc from Canadian one it will not work! PS3 games doesn't have region lock but dlc from other regions doesn't work.
In Korea some games are actually American versions (just box is different), in that case you can see/buy dlc in American psn store and it will work. You can check that by playing game on American account and entering dlc store form game - if you can buy dlc this means that it is identical to us version.
I don't know if American and Canadian versions are different.
PEIGUY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that out. Funny thing was is that I downloaded and activated Back to Karkland on my Korean PS account and then switched over to my Canadian account and could play it and leveled up in mp But I found out that that loophole was closed when I didn't play the game in a while and it asked me to Redownload it... I should have bought the North American version. I tried to find the DLC from in the game on my Canadian account andvitwasnt available. Guess I'm stuck...
mushroomyakuza

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

Just tried to buy something. I haven't been in Korea long and my net connection usually works just fine. I have a UK PSN store account and I'm a frequent user, and a Playstation Plus member.

Anyway, whenever I go purchase something, it just says an error has occured. Wondered if it was a bank account problem, like my bank thinking it's a scam or something, but apparently not.

Is this normal? Would buying a voucher and entering a redeem code work? Seems a ridiculous thing to do but there aren't many alternatives by the sound of it.
Hootsmon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this seems to be a problem everyone is having. You can't add funds to your wallet in Korea, even if using a UK credit card on a UK account.

However, if you already have funds in your wallet then you can purchase and download whatever you want. So, it seems the only solution is to get a prepaid card and use that to top up your wallet. I haven't tried it yet, because when I was last home in the UK I stuck a fair whack of cash in my wallet and have been using that since, but a friend of mine said he used a prepaid card with no problem.

It is very annoying because I previously had an Xbox and had no such problems making purchases. Also, this problem has been going on for a long time...you think they would get it sorted quicker. Sony must be losing a lot of money with the whole of Korea unable to make purchases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: