Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the deal with vegetarianism?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kepler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advice from a 107 year old lady:

� 'Somebody asked her the secret of long life,' said Ying-Ying Yuan, a step-granddaughter of Mrs. Koo. 'She said, "No exercise, eat as much butter as you like and never look backwards."'

"Shirley Young said her mother also likes pork bellies, 'especially the hot part, but she doesn�t overdo anything.'

" 'And she doesn�t take any medicine,' she said. 'When doctors give her medicine, she usually hides it, or when she takes something, she takes half a pill. People keep on giving her Chinese herbs, things like that. She never takes them.'"
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/24/lessons-of-107-birthdays-dont-exercise-avoid-medicine-and-never-look-back/

So forget about vegetarianism. Eat a lot of samgyeopsal and butter if you want to survive until the 2080s or 2090s.
Enrico Palazzo
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavymetalpancakes wrote:
I have the same problem with vegetarianism that I do with homosexuality. They are both unnatural and our Lord has forbidden both. It is really as simple as that, folks.

Let's not turn this thread into a religious discussion. There are a gazillion religions, but there's not one TOS item that really encourages religious discussions. It often gets to where it's not pretty at all.

Thanks....행복 추석 Happy Chuseok...
heavymetalpancakes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enrico Palazzo wrote:
I have the same problem with vegetarianism that I do with homosexuality. They are both unnatural and our Lord has forbidden both. It is really as simple as that, folks.

Let's not turn this thread into a religious discussion. There are a gazillion religions, but there's not one TOS item that really encourages religious discussions. It often gets to where it's not pretty at all.

Sorry. I'll drop it.

For the record, I wasn't "trolling." But I will take the religious debate elsewhere.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enrico Palazzo wrote:

Sorry. I'll drop it.

For the record, I wasn't "trolling." But I will take the religious debate elsewhere.

ouch...but at least now we know.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cosmic Hum wrote:
hmm...another thread soon not to be.

Its still here, Captain "We Can't Have Good Threads Anymore."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: