Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Severaly disrupted lives because of the CBC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3DR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyjames1982 wrote:
I was recently denied a E2 visa because I have an arrest record for driving without a motorcycle license on my FBI check from 2006. It is a non moving driving traffic violation and it was dismissed in court. It clearly states dismissed on the FBI paper. I have already worked in Korea for 4 years with references and no problems with Korean authorities. What a crock of chit

That is just lack of common sense to me. It seems they just see any ounce of a record and they deny you. "Dismissed" seems pretty clear to me.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
I think that there might be some differences in status between a F-visa and a permanent residency in Canada. I could be wrong however.

Isn't a F5 here basically the same as PR in Canada? They seem pretty similar to me.

I am wondering just that Captain. I did not have time to check yet but I suspect there are some differences. Still, I could be way out in left field here!
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebearofbundang wrote:
Differences between my F6 and my wife's Canadian PR that we have noticed so far...

1) Her PR is good for 5 years, my F6 is good for 3.

2) She has limits on how long she can be outside of Canada (I believe it is no more than 30% of any given year). It doesn't matter how much time I spend in Korea on my F6.

3) If either of us apply for Wellfare in Canada I must (as her sponser) pay it back to the Canadian gov. within x amount of years and it is almost certain that her PR will be denied when she tries to renew it (clearly states this on the application). If we claim Wellfare in Korea we do not have to pay it back to the Korean gov. Not sure about being denied a renewal if this were to happen.

Neither of us can vote in national elections, but we can work and do anything else within the laws of the country.

These are the differences that we have noticed. There may be other things as well, but they are likely minor.

Thanks!
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3DR wrote:
jimmyjames1982 wrote:
I was recently denied a E2 visa because I have an arrest record for driving without a motorcycle license on my FBI check from 2006. It is a non moving driving traffic violation and it was dismissed in court. It clearly states dismissed on the FBI paper. I have already worked in Korea for 4 years with references and no problems with Korean authorities. What a crock of chit

That is just lack of common sense to me. It seems they just see any ounce of a record and they deny you. "Dismissed" seems pretty clear to me.

What is 3DR going to do in Korea having a past history of driving without a motorcycle license? Rolling Eyes

We clearly need to seperate the wheat from the chaff. Laughing
davai!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that arrest can be expunged
SMOE NSET

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the process of renewing my F2/changing to an F6. I did all of the paperwork and now they just have to mail me a new card since the visa changed.

I did not need a CBC and have never had to give them one. All I had to give was a copy of our Korean marriage certificate, family registry and the application w/fees.

My F6 is good for 2 years. The immigration officer at the counter said she could make it for longer if we had a child.

The total process took 5 minutes (had a reservation).

When I first applied for my F2 last year, the total process took 10-15 minutes. We didn't have to have an interview. We gave them our Korean wedding certificate, family registry, application, and the fees.

We had our proof of financials (copies of apartment contract, bank books, job contracts) as well as our wedding certificate from the U.S. but they didn't ask for them. However, I have heard these depend on the immigration officer.
thebearofbundang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ This seems to be the norm..

But, Stan should be here soon telling you you're liar.. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: