Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does your Paris Baguette try to cheat on price?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodge7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at all the Beta males saying to go back and apologize. I swear most of you were born female.
I'm still asking, won't he lose face if he goes back and apologizes? All you apologists say to understand and respect the culture, well, you'd never see an ajussi apologize the next day for something like this.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
LOL at all the Beta males saying to go back and apologize. I swear most of you were born female.
I'm still asking, won't he lose face if he goes back and apologizes? All you apologists say to understand and respect the culture, well, you'd never see an ajussi apologize the next day for something like this.

So after all your complaining about Korea and Korean men you are advocating that he act like one?

Consistency my dear sir, consistency...
T-J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodge7 wrote:

Overlooked at restaurants.

Served last.

Taken advantage of.

And there's nothing much you can do as you stand there next to your wife like a little boy holding his mommy's hand, emasculated, because she has to do all the talking.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=221921&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Spoken like a true Alpha.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swamp, you were wrong to open the package.

You got pissed off and wanted to create a small scene to satisfy you need to voice your displeasure or anger.

In the grand scheme of things this is no big deal (for you or them) but you could have handled this more maturely and perhaps with a bit more tact.

Still, its done, water under the proverbial bridge...
Dodge7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-J wrote:
dodge7 wrote:

Served last.

Taken advantage of.

And there's nothing much you can do as you stand there next to your wife like a little boy holding his mommy's hand, emasculated, because she has to do all the talking.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=221921&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

That's nothing a true Alpha can overcome in some ways because of the language barrier. If I could speak good Korean then we would be on a level playing field and it'd be a different story.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUrbanMyth wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:

So after all your complaining about Korea and Korean men you are advocating that he act like one?

Consistency my dear sir, consistency...

Sure, when the situation calls for it.
JustinC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post, Whoops! Carry on.

Last edited by JustinC on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustinC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
highstreet wrote:
It clearly states price for one. Though, in small print.

You could have just asked if you could purchase one before opening it.

This stuff happens to me in convenience stores. Can of coffee will say 600won, but then the guy tells me it's that price if I use some special credit card. Then I do what most normal people do, I either just buy it or go back and pick something else out.

I definitely don't run to Dave's and accuse them of trying to deceive me,

The arguments above about "meat" and "canned coffee" do not hold water.

You're comparing individual, countable items to non-count items.

Basic English, people.

Since when is a pound of meat or coffee uncountable?

Do you fill up at the gas station and then cry about having to pay more than $4?

Back to the topic, the pricing is obviously there to deceive you and they (the owners, not the poor shop staff) are counting on you being too negligent or embarrassed to change your mind.

BTW this thread is hysterical! Well done.
T-J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
T-J wrote:
dodge7 wrote:

Served last.

Taken advantage of.

That's nothing a true Alpha can overcome in some ways because of the language barrier. If I could speak good Korean then we would be on a level playing field and it'd be a different story.

You're making excuses. How very Beta of you.

True Alphas overcome their obstacles, whatever they may be.

Move along now.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampfox10mm wrote:
Steelrails wrote:
The big question is- Were there other packages of egg bread in single, double, quadruple, or larger packages? If there was only the 4-pack for sale, OP definately has a case for getting a little agitated, but if there were other size packages, then OP pretty much failed.

As stated earlier in the thread, where people have apparently decided not to read, the packages are never sold as singles, and only 4-packs of them were available.

Available at the time or ever? Do they ever sell 2/6/8 packs?

And wait a second...you said they're NEVER sold as singles. You track this or something? So you had prior knowledge of this BEFORE you tried to purchase them? Were you just instigating?

Dude if they bait n switched you with that, then cause a scene by all means. If you had prior knowledge that they're never sold in packs of 1 and that that price really did mean "1 each, pack of 4" then that was just causing a scene for the sake of causing a scene.

Quote:
The arguments above about "meat" and "canned coffee" do not hold water.

You're comparing individual, countable items to non-count items.

With meat the "countable" is in the pounds, not in the meat.

I do agree though that by all signs it seems that place was beign shady as all heck and raising a fuss is certianly within one's rights, though like most, I disagree with tearing open the package.

When you tore it open, did you actually expect them to sell you one? Or was it to prove a point?

Regardless though, any bakery that does that is not worth your coin. They probably use grade C rat milk and crow eggs.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been witness to this shady pricing.

My friend informed of a great deal on some decent NZ cheese at Emart. So I went, and sure enough, big red font 1'690 won. Grabbed a bunch and went to the checkout. Total came to 16'400 for four blocks. I told them that was wrong. They got someone to go take a picture of the price tag and explain it to me. The 1'690 won was the price per 100g, and the block was 243g. This was explained along with the full price in small black font a quarter the size of the huge red 1'690. I've been shopping at Emart for over eight years and they've never listed cheese prices per unit before. It's plain the intent was to deceive and hopefully unload some cheese which is normally overpriced and not a good seller here.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Swampfox. You're getting trolled by everyone except Steelrails (not sure what he's on about with tracking data and using the dreaded never but I doubt he's trolling). Unless...wait...are you trolling too?

Damn, now I think I am as well. Trucks of tubes, trucks of tubes...
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stores do this all the time. I've seen two 1 litre cartons of milk wrapped in cellophane with the price indicated per carton (but you can't get the out of the cellophane). Similarly with the yogurt drinks. Homeplus shows the price per drink but they are packs of four.

But specifically with Paris Baguette the register gave a different price on the item than indicated on the shelf. I told the clerk, the price indicated is X, she said no it is Y, I said take a look. I walked over to the item, she got all huffy before moving, angrily came over and said "that's wrong; it costs Y". No apology. I just left. If it were an honest mistake, and the clerk wasn't such an ass, I'd have paid Y. Put me off the shop, went by a few hours later, the price still said X.
Leon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:

Your stuck in a country you don't like because your wife makes more money than you, you're a beta male, bro.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
T-J wrote:
dodge7 wrote:

Served last.

Taken advantage of.

Well there you have it alpha Dodge. Learn Korean and take the "battle" to "them" on a level playing field. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: