Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did anyone run in the Seoul Marathon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zackback

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Did anyone run in the Seoul Marathon? Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/athletics-kenyas-kwambai-defends-seoul-marathon-title-102543789--spt.html
Nov 4 (Reuters) - James Kwambai stormed to victory in the Seoul Marathon for the second year running on Sunday, winning by almost five minutes to lead a Kenyan 1-2-3.

The 29-year-old won his fourth marathon in a time of two hours, five minutes and 50 seconds and was wrapped up and getting warm by the time countryman Chebon Chebor crossed the line in 2:10:24.

Benjamin Kolum took third place with a time of 2:10:35.

Kwambai, who picked up $50,000 for the victory, finished runner-up in the Seoul International Marathon earlier this year behind another Kenya, Wilson Loyanae.

Kim Young-in was host South Korea's highest-placed finisher on Sunday, trailing home ninth in 2:17:00. (Reporting by Alastair Himmer in Tokyo; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
tardisrider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean "did anyone run"? Your very post lists several people who ran in the Seoul Marathon. Do you think they were the only ones?
Zackback

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article didn't report about anyone else running so it wants us to believe just those three ran it so I am wondering if anyone on Dave's ran it so I can prove the article wrong and brag to my students how clever I was in figuring this out.
T-J

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading fail.

According to the quote you provided at least ten ran.
Smithington

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I can't imagine running in a marathon in Seoul. The pollution. It's difficult enough breathing here whilwe walking.
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew a lot of people who ran it and I was there for some of the finish, its the third biggest marathon in Korea after Seoul International and Chuncheon (which was last week), gets around 15-20,000 runners
ren546

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithington wrote:
God I can't imagine running in a marathon in Seoul. The pollution. It's difficult enough breathing here whilwe walking.

It's not as bad as it used to be (Seoul has been working quite hard to reduce pollutants), and if you time your runs properly (e.g. evening, NOT during rush hour, or days when you can taste/see it in the air), it's not really noticeable. I have mild asthma, run 4 days a week, and have yet to be too troubled by it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: