Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D2 VISA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sck2012

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: D2 VISA Reply with quote

Hi. I have a couple of questions relating to the Korean student visa, also known as D2. Thank you in advance Smile

- I'm hoping to study in Korea on a postgraduate course. It's based on a scholarship and I've been through the whole admission process, just waiting on the final decision now. So, the visa...

1. The way I understand it, I just go to my nearest embassy and give them all the required documents, i.e: visa application form, letter of admission, passport, photo, money and so on. When this goes through, will the embassy issue the actual visa and stamp it into my passport? Or will it be a number that I have to take with me to Korean immigration upon arrival?

2. Would it be possible for the following scenario to play out. I get accepted into the university and offered a full scholarship. I apply for the visa at my local embassy and they provide me with this. I fly to Korea, visit Korean immigration and they decline me. Essentially I am in South Korea with a course offered to me but with immigration refusing the visa. Could that actually happen or is the confirmation from your countries embassy sufficient?

Thank you for the information.
deizio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the embassy likes what they see and puts it in your passport then you're fine. This will get you through the airport and you will need to visit the local immigration office within 90 days of arrival to make it official. Somebody from your school will be able to advise you about any additional docs you need from them before you go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: