Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XXL (bigger size) Bikes in Korea?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timhorton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: XXL (bigger size) Bikes in Korea? Reply with quote

Where to buy a XXL bike in Korea ( MTB or Touring )? Or, good sites to order one online from overseas?
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless things have changed in the last 3 years, you won't find them in Korea. I had to order one online (I forget from what website). The FedEx and Customs charge together was 500,000 won (the bike was $1,000).
yellowdove

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband ordered his XL frame bike (Giant) from the bike shop up the street from our place. The guy had to special order it, but didn't charge him anything extra.

See if there are any bike shops in your neighborhood and ask them.

Doubtful if you'll find any used ones on CL or other websites, because when someone puts one on there it's snagged right away. (This is one of the reasons my husband bought his new.)
rendragmc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a nice Trek road bike off craigslist 2 years ago. The original owner brought it over from the US and didn't want to take it back. It was a big bike and fit me well. I'm 192 cm 90 kg, a big guy. They're out there if you are patient and check several times a day and snag it as soon as it's posted.

Unfortunately, my bike was stolen. At the time, I lived in the top floor of a small building and I kept the bike in the stairwell near my door. I think it was a delivery guy because my apt was at the top of the stairs so the only people who came up there were me, my roommate, and delivery guys. Still pissed about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: