Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Canadians are Richer than Americans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visitorq wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
visitorq wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
I think I can speak for all Canadians who have posted here when I say that we want the US economy to do better and take no pleasure in seeing it struggling.

Can't say I blame you (seeing as without the US there would be no economy in Canada)...

You're doing a noble job of promoting the ugly American stereotype, and please keep on doing it for entertainment value.

I can live with that Very Happy But you find the fact I posited entertaining? I suppose it is, but hard to see why it would be from your perspective...

Fine, we'll sell all of our resources to China (they'd buy anything if it means less for the US).

It's going to be a long and cold winter for you without our oil and uranium. Wink

Last edited by 12ax7 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
visitorq

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Fine, we'll start selling our resources to China. It's going to be a long and cold winter for you without our oil and uranium. Wink

Okay, good luck with that! Let me know how it goes~
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visitorq wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Fine, we'll start selling our resources to China. It's going to be a long and cold winter for you without our oil and uranium. Wink

Consider it done.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ottawa-approves-15b-chinese-takeover-of-nexen-1.1070698

(Don't believe a word Harper is saying. He'd sell his grandma's gold fillings to the Chinese if the price was right).
visitorq

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
visitorq wrote:
12ax7 wrote:

Consider it done.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ottawa-approves-15b-chinese-takeover-of-nexen-1.1070698

You are hilarious.
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visitorq wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
visitorq wrote:
12ax7 wrote:

Consider it done.

You are hilarious.

That's what I was aiming for.

See, that's what's so great about Dave's ESL. It's the cultural exchange which takes place right here. You've just learned that Canadians and Americans have a lot in common, namely that both our countries are run by idiots from time to time. You had Bush, now we have Harper. Next round is yours. Can't wait to see which moron you elect next.
rollo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The U.S is an oil exporter so Canadian oil is not that important to us.. What we would really miss is Canada's finest product that embodies all the Candian virtues and resourcfulness. Toilet paper!!!

harper is selling off the oil reserves to the Chinese so that leaves t.p and uranium. Most nuclear fuel is now made by reactors. But thanks for the t.p.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollo wrote:
The U.S is an oil exporter so Canadian oil is not that important to us.. What we would really miss is Canada's finest product that embodies all the Candian virtues and resourcfulness. Toilet paper!!!

harper is selling off the oil reserves to the Chinese so that leaves t.p and uranium. Most nuclear fuel is now made by reactors. But thanks for the t.p.

Say what you will, but for the moment Canada still exports more crude oil to the US than any other country (nearly double that of Saudi Arabia, the second largest exporter of crude oil to the US).

As for nuclear fuels...From what do you think these fuels are produced?

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/fuel-supply.html

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf49.html

Fact is, Canada is the primary source of US energy imports.

http://www.eia.gov/countries/country-data.cfm?fips=ca

Don't bother trying to elicit another response from me. You're no longer amusing.
rollo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world famous Canadian beaches . yes i was going to go to Copa in rio but after i heard about those Newfie beaches. I changed my mind. Wow!!

Listen compare yourselves to California it is a lot more apt except that California has a larger population. But that is closer than trying to compare yourself to the U.S.

I dont know why Canadians keep doing this. I know the inferiority complex is huge but the comparison just does not work. the population difference is just too great.

hell talk about the Avro Arrow, or that always interesting topic of when you embedded a piece of money in the ice at some meaningless (at least to 99% of the people on earth) sporting event. Thats a real spell binder that one. I've only heard that one about ten thousand times.

Just enjoy the fact that because of some good conservative banking decisions and a big resource boom Canada is enjoying a period of prosperity. quit embarassing yoursevles with all of the comparisons to something you are not.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So odd hearing all of this bashing.

I grew up in Canada and enjoyed summers at the beach. However, I don't believe anyone on here, or anyone I've ever known, has ever claimed them to be world famous.

Far too much trolling going on in this thread.
Kuros

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:

I grew up in Canada and enjoyed summers at the beach. However, I don't believe anyone on here, or anyone I've ever known, has ever claimed them to be world famous.

Look, the thread has followed a healthy pattern. The first 20 or 25 posts are discussion about the root cause: housing. Then there are a bunch of bogus claims that follow (blaming American healthcare, false assertions that Canadian wages are higher). And then 12ax7 goes on a hyper-nationalist binge. Rollo then begins to bait him, and who could blame him?

Now we're at the stage where Captain Corea plays moderator. So we know the thread has *officially* outlived its usefulness.

Successful thread. Congrats to the OP, the early contributors. Thanks to 12ax7 for the entertainment.
rollo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry for the baiting. i plead guilty. it is just so easy. Enjoy the seal clubbing.
Titus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend my working day evenings in a string of airport hotels. I can not count the number of times a Canadian has sat down at the bar/restaurant/patio/wherever and started lecturing the men around him about how Americans don't know Canada has provinces etc and go on about healthcare and Iraq and Vietnam. No shame. I've never heard a Mexican or Argentine or Frenchman behave similarly. Not once.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
Captain Corea wrote:

Look, the thread has followed a healthy pattern. The first 20 or 25 posts are discussion about the root cause: housing. Then there are a bunch of bogus claims that follow (blaming American healthcare, false assertions that Canadian wages are higher). And then 12ax7 goes on a hyper-nationalist binge. Rollo then begins to bait him, and who could blame him?

Now we're at the stage where Captain Corea plays moderator. So we know the thread has *officially* outlived its usefulness.

Successful thread. Congrats to the OP, the early contributors. Thanks to 12ax7 for the entertainment.

Hyper nationalistic? Oh, right. Calling out trolls (Americans?) on their nonsense is hyper nationalistic. Right. Sure. If you say so.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
I spend my working day evenings in a string of airport hotels. I can not count the number of times a Canadian has sat down at the bar/restaurant/patio/wherever and started lecturing the men around him about how Americans don't know Canada has provinces etc and go on about healthcare and Iraq and Vietnam. No shame. I've never heard a Mexican or Argentine or Frenchman behave similarly. Not once.

Oh, please. Americans love to talk about the US, but when a Canadian talks about Canada, he's being accused of being hyper nationalistic, especially if he or she dares say anything positive about the country. Heck, just look at the number of trolls this thread attracted.
No_hite_pls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
Then there are a bunch of bogus claims that follow blaming American healthcare,

You are wrong. Heath care costs and military adventurism are two of the largest problems for the US's economy. They are not the only problems but they are two big ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: