Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psy Has A New Single, But Now He Needs A New Dance Move!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
World Traveler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Psy Has A New Single, But Now He Needs A New Dance Move! Reply with quote

Quote:
Psy has revealed that his hard work has paid off and he has a new single on the way. However, Psy is still on the hunt for a new dance move to go along with the song � to make it as big a craze as his hit single �Gangnam Style� and the dance that goes along with it. Psy told his fans:

I think I got it!!! #NewSingle Now gotta look for da #NewMove!!!

http://www.disneydreaming.com/2013/02/08/psy-has-a-new-single-but-now-he-needs-a-new-dance-move/
Quote:
Psy revealed that he just finished working on his new single, but that he wouldn�t release it until he had a dance to go with it! Scooter Braun spoke with MTV and revealed what�s next for Psy:

He told me he has another dance coming. For him it�s about trying to make history with �Gangnam Style.� Now he�s excited to continue and he has another dance up his sleeve.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Psy.
seoulsucker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very bad move on his part. He's painting himself into a corner by forcing a dance/gimmick into the next track. He should have avoided this...
highstreet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seoulsucker wrote:
Very, very bad move on his part. He's painting himself into a corner by forcing a dance/gimmick into the next track. He should have avoided this...

I think it's a good idea. Outside of Korea, no one really takes his music seriously. So if he doesn't have a catchy dance, then it's just a funny looking Korean rapping. Westerners don't want to see that.
le-paul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
Screw Psy.

i second that
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Keys drummer dissed Justin Bieber but what he said fits Psy just as well, Patrick Carney: "He's rich, right? Grammy's are for music, not for money. He's making a lot of money. He should be happy, I guess."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/justin-bieber-responds-black-keys-diss_n_2671025.html

Psy don't care about music, he only cares about money. Neither Bieber or Psy received a 2012 Grammy nomination and thank goodness Psy didn't.
Twisted Evil Don't they collaborate with each other somehow?

Whether their managers collaborate or not it's not like they're going to get that close since Justin B. tries to speak as though he's black and hangs with black people.

Now go to the post office and get your Psy stamps
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2013/02/14/81/0200000000AEN20130214003700315F.HTML
fermentation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People don't care about Psy anymore. It's all about the Harlem Shake now.
lemak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he's gone the way of the Bartman.

Like sooooooooo 2012 [eyeroll]

But don't tell the trashy Korea Times. The number of staff suicides should they be informed may be more than any of us can bear.
comm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highstreet wrote:
seoulsucker wrote:

I think it's a good idea. Outside of Korea, no one really takes his music seriously. So if he doesn't have a catchy dance, then it's just a funny looking Korean rapping. Westerners don't want to see that.

I doubt he can pull it off. I think the appeal of Gangnam Style was the sheer novelty of it: a thumping dance track with Korean lyrics and a few key "sing along" English bits. Take away one component and it falls apart, keep all of it and it's just more of the same (to Western consumers).
Smithington

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to his next video, especially if it also has a silly dance. It will inevitably fail. His 15 minutes is up. The fact that his song will, almost certainly, not even be noticed in the West shouldn't come as a shock to either him or Koreans. But it will. He was a funny looking Asian guy in a bowtie with a silly dance and an moderately-amusing video. His angle was 'novelty'. That novelty is now gone. Most Westerners have only a limited appetite for such performances. There's only so many times you want to go to the circus.

I for one am looking forward to its release.Very Happy
schwa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be contrary, I wouldnt be surprised at all if he pulls off a second hit. His fan base is massive.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwa wrote:
Just to be contrary, I wouldnt be surprised at all if he pulls off a second hit. His fan base is massive.

He needs to hurry up. It's been 6 months since Gangnam Style started becoming popular.
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermentation wrote:
People don't care about Psy anymore. It's all about the Harlem Shake now.

Did you just mention the 'Harlem Shake' without leading us anywhere? Crying or Very sad
http://www.examiner.com/article/harlem-shake-challenges-gangnam-style-as-newest-tv-and-internet-sensation
lemak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Society's downward spiral continues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4evww1WVM

Thanks, Psy (ya dickhead!)
Dodge7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't "manufactur" crazy global hits like Macarena, Gangnam Style, Harlem Shake (though this one might be a national (US) hit), these things usually happen by accident once it goes viral. So chances are whatever Psy produces next will probably fail miserable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: