Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

China’s government hires people to distort web discussions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
Man, why'd you have to go and break kayfabe?

It was a "shoot" interview, the smarks will eat it up.
hiamnotcool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
Somewhere someone is saying "They're on to me. Time to abort, I repeat ABORT the mission."

I imagine they are more upset they could have just lived in China and received a salary for dedicating their life to defending a country against any negative statement made against it, ever.
thebearofbundang

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"World Traveler

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:13 pm Post subject:
thebearofbundang wrote:
I think most people who enjoy living in Korea stay away from Dave's

You are just parroting what recruiters say.

If your life is so productive, action packed, and fulfilling, why do you spend so much time posting on Dave's? It is the apologists like yourself who post the most.

Also, I'd say there are a disproportionate number of lifers with Korean wives on Daves'. It seems like nearly everyone who posts on this site has a Korean wife. This is in no way representative of ESL teachers in Korea as a whole. Most ESL teachers are here for one year only.

Can you see how having a Korean wife would make someone want to defend Korea at every chance? (I can.)"

I have like 60 posts in a year. I see you have a few more though Very Happy. I do have a young family, and like most people who do, I am busy but do get information on here when I need it.

As for defending everything about Korea? Huh?.. I have said before and I'll say again, I hate the number of smokers, pollution, driving styles, pushing in lines, small apartments, spitting etc. However, there are also lots of things I love about living here.

I just feel sorry for the people who complain about everything while choosing to still live here. That's the same way I feel sorry for people who believe that Korea has no faults, and it a perfect country.

As for being married, I lived here for four years before I got married. Loved it then too. Guarantee I wouldn't have lived in a country I didn't enjoy for that long.

Also, you called me an apologist? I don't think I ever apologized for anything on here, so no idea what you mean by that.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear, you can "love a country" and not repeat some "Everything is perfect" mantra that even the locals don't take seriously. If you ever make any Korean friends you'll realize that the "Korea is perfect" public posturing is for "display purposes" and that many Koreans also don't like the traffic jams, lazy police, high prices with limited selections, abusive bosses, rude people in public, etc... That's why the attitude that some posters love Korea more than you because they never mention anything wrong with Korea is such rubbish.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, I'd say there are a disproportionate number of lifers with Korean wives on Daves'. It seems like nearly everyone who posts on this site has a Korean wife. This is in no way representative of ESL teachers in Korea as a whole. Most ESL teachers are here for one year only.

That's why informational threads, even if the subject is something repeated for the 1000th time, are so important. There's a constant wave of newbies in ESL in Korea. In fact, I would dare say that informational threads can be the most important. But some just can't put themselves in the shoes of those newbies, and when many newbies do ask questions or make observations there are posters, mainly apologists, waiting to cut them down.

Helping newbie teachers has become the strength of that other site, btw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: