Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Former well known Seoul expat/teacher arrested in Cambodia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bondrock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

archaeologist5 wrote:

What gives YOU the right to dictate to others what should take place over true citizens of this country?

Koreans... "true citizens"of Korea are the ones who gave me the right. And they gave the same right to all permanent residents because they value the opinion of people who choose to live here and be part of the society.

If these "true citizens of Korea" didn't want permanent residents ( or "new" as opposed to "true" citizens) to have voting rights, then PR's would not have them.

Also, Korea would not have any sort of citizenship program if the "true citizens" of Korea didn't want it.

Once again, Archaeologist, you show the weakness of your ability to debate when you resort to your sweeping statements. And once again, you attempt to speak for Korea, but Korea has already clearly spoken on the matter of exactly who has "rights" to vote and participate in decision making policies. My guess is, you do not have the right.
archaeologist5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But allow me to point out to you the smoking gun in my hand that supports my argument.

Most of you seem to promote and side with the CRC requirement and have done so for years and if you recall there was a lot of discussion in the issue and after that requirement was passed a very strange thing took place on almost all the discussion boards for western teachers.

Now I do not care if anyone here did or didn't do this but what took place was basically a travesty. We had westerners tell newbies how to side step the very requirement they supported.

NO ONE took the time, as I recall, to tell any of those newbies that what they were being old was wrong. They were told to keep it quiet. It was quite common for veterans of this amd other boards to lay it out for the newbies.

So don't come riding on some high horse like the self-righteous people you think you are and try to cram the 'you are better than me' speeches down my throat. You aren't.

As for me this discussion is over. Some people just do not know how to discuss like gentlemen nor can they be honest. In reading your posts I saw how you represented my words dishonestly and frankly none of you have any right to demand anything in Korea.
archaeologist5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One final word.

You guys lost and could not defend your position so you went to some minute nothing to do with the topic of discussion point that means absolutely zero.

You should be ashamed and embarrassed with yourselves. The tact that you took was childish dribble and you know it. You are just angry because you have had it pointed out to you that you backed the wrong horse.

But I am out of the discussion on CRCs because those with children are unrealistic and think they get to be dictators to everyone else. Discussing with such people is impossible for their emotions influence their thinking and lead them to say things they shouldn't.

People deserve second chances because that is the right thing to do even if it allows them to be in a classroom because not everyone with a conviction is a pedophile/kidnapper/thief/ murderer in hiding.
knee-highs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

archaeologist5 wrote:
But allow me to point out to you the smoking gun in my hand that supports my argument.

We had westerners tell newbies how to side step the very requirement they supported.
I never in my life have advised anyone on how to side step a CBC.
----
NO ONE took the time, as I recall, to tell any of those newbies that what they were being old was wrong.

False: plenty of posters on this esl site told newbies not to try to skirt the requirements.

As for me this discussion is over. Some people just do not know how to discuss like gentlemen nor can they be honest. In reading your posts I saw how you represented my words dishonestly and frankly none of you have any right to demand anything in Korea.

Typical of you Archie. I never represented your words dishonestly. I quoted you exactly. So typical of you to declare the discussion over because you have no legs left to stand on.

You and your middle-class brethren over at the idiots of korea site deserve each other. And I might add that your idiot site is well-named.
archaeologist5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Typical of you Archie. I never represented your words dishonestly.

Who says I was talking to you? The word 'you' in my post was the general usage of the word.

Also, I see you ignored my words 'as I recall' which should have told you I may have forgotten the few that did.

I wasn't declaring the discussion over I said ' As for me' so it seems you are not quoting me exactly or addressing my words as I wrote or intended them.

I do not care if you all carry on the discussion, I am out of it because I did make my point and no one was able to refute it nor produce any real defense of their position.

For your information I am NOT at idiots any more (haven't been there for two months) and I see you are referring to yourself with the name calling.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thou doth protest too much. Skeletons you'd like to keep hidden, Archie boy?
PatrickBateman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a real piece of work.

Hopefully he gets some similar treatment in prison.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archie gets schooled, and then he bows out … talking about bananas and oranges. Typical.

Archie, you can't vote in Korea, right? I can. For some reason Korean law allows me to vote - thus I get to vote on education policy and the like.

You asked what right I have - the F5 gives me that right.

But you're welcome to keep stammering on regarding this topic - everyone is getting quite the chuckle out of you. But remember, if you can talk about this topic because "Korea has freedom of speech", then all foreigners here can do the same on a variety of topics.

It's a two way street. It flows both ways.
knee-highs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

archaeologist5 wrote:

I do not care if you all carry on the discussion, I am out of it because I did make my point and no one was able to refute it nor produce any real defense of their position.

Wrong again. The defense is simple: Koreans want the CBC for all teachers. That's good enough for me. Unlike you, I am not interested in biting the hand that feeds me. Korea does not need you to come over here and tell them what kind of checks they need to perform on their English teachers or any other employee.. Frankly, I find your attitude toward Koreans to be shameful. You seem to think you know better than the Koreans do with your demands for "second chances."

In case you missed the memo, this is a discussion site, where people express their opinions. My opinion is this: Koreans are right about Criminal Record Checks. Period.

Well, actually, Korea is not the hand that feeds me, I have plenty of money already, but I was speaking metaphorically. And now back to the mule-class antics of the grimy unwashed masses that muddy up this wonderful peninsula.
sendittheemail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Korean media blowing this story up wouldn't help ANYONE avoid being molested, as the Korean media cannot name him in their reports ANYWAY due to their ridiculous anti-defamation laws. Remember, he has not yet been convicted of anything (yes, I know that he supposedly made an admission of guilt, and yes I personally think he is guilty).

Any Korean paper publishing this story would simply say "Former English teacher "A" was arrested in Cambodia for paying a child for sex". Meanwhile, instead of focusing their efforts on keeping Foreigner "A" out of the country, the media/klown citizens/interest groups/xenophobes are going to use the shotgun approach and push more ridiculous laws that squeeze the 99.9% who are not and have never been child molesters.

I know that some of you lifers and apologists would happily provide a DNA sample every 6 weeks (drrrrr uhhhh so sorry, we lost-uh the old one), and a weekly drug test, and a notarized, apostilled, stamped, certified, autographed by the pope holographic background check from interpol every 6 months just to keep your 2.0mil per month kindy jobs and further brown nose your klown overlords, but why encourage these things by trying to alert the Korean media every time a foreigner breaks the law (even outside of Korea)?

Why provide the Korean media with more fodder? Ask yourself this; what has the Korean media done to portray your minority group (foreigner, teacher, ethnic minority) in a positive or even neutral light? When has the Korean media shown itself to be fair and balanced when it comes to reporting on incidents involving foreigners or English teachers? Why provide them with leads? It's like giving bullets to the people who are shooting at you.

Other foreign ethnic groups in Korea have their own ways of dealing with problems within their own groups. Do you suppose ethnic Chinese Koreans go out of their way to attract attention to the small minority among them who commit crimes? Do you suppose the Mongolians do that? Do you suppose the Bangladeshi factory workers make a habit of turning eachother in to the police or media? They work things out among themselves. Enough people know this guy, and news about this story spread among the long term expat community within 24 hours of him being arrested. It is safe to say that everyone who knows him in Seoul, knew about this story before it was even posted on Dave's. It's highly unlikely that he would come back to Korea, and if he did, I have no doubt that someone (several people) would say something or do something about it without a bunch of E2 visa holders screaming for press attention on this story.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sendittheemail wrote:
Actually, the Korean media blowing this story up wouldn't help ANYONE avoid being molested, as the Korean media cannot name him in their reports ANYWAY due to their ridiculous anti-defamation laws. Remember, he has not yet been convicted of anything (yes, I know that he supposedly made an admission of guilt, and yes I personally think he is guilty).

Any Korean paper publishing this story would simply say "Former English teacher "A" was arrested in Cambodia for paying a child for sex". Meanwhile, instead of focusing their efforts on keeping Foreigner "A" out of the country, the media/klown citizens/interest groups/xenophobes are going to use the shotgun approach and push more ridiculous laws that squeeze the 99.9% who are not and have never been child molesters.

I know that some of you lifers and apologists would happily provide a DNA sample every 6 weeks (drrrrr uhhhh so sorry, we lost-uh the old one), and a weekly drug test, and a notarized, apostilled, stamped, certified, autographed by the pope holographic background check from interpol every 6 months just to keep your 2.0mil per month kindy jobs and further brown nose your klown overlords, but why encourage these things by trying to alert the Korean media every time a foreigner breaks the law (even outside of Korea)?...

Do you think you could possibly make your point WITHOUT making xenophobic, bigoted remarks like "klowns"?

As for more ridiculous laws...you mean ones like this one?

Quote:
Government simplifies the criminal background check process for foreign instructors

The criminal background check process for foreign instructors wanting to work in our country's hagwons is being simplified.

Today during a cabinet meeting the government deliberated over and decided upon the "Bill to Revise the Act on the Establishment and Operation of Private Teaching Institutes and Extracurricular Lesson."

According to this bill, foreign instructors who have submitted criminal record checks to places like overseas embassies or consulates do not have to submit criminal record checks once again to the managers of hagwons.

http://populargusts.blogspot.kr/
archaeologist5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
gets schooled, and then he bows out … talking about bananas and oranges. Typical.

No I wasn't 'schooled'. I just saw the futility of continuing the discussion. People who take liberties and self-appoint themselves are useless to talk to for they will force their ways upon others while claiming a 'right' yet will fight tooth and nail against anyone who has the real right and wants their ways imposed.

It is the same old boring story with such people and I really do not need to participate in such pointless discussions.

Quote:
You asked what right I have - the F5 gives me that right.

You are confused but that is to be expected.

I have no more interest in this discussion because it has gone beyond the point of rational and logical, open minded thought and into a pissing contest by someone, you, who can't stand being shown to be wrong.
knee-highs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

archaeologist5 wrote:

No I wasn't 'schooled'. I just saw the futility of continuing the discussion. People who take liberties and self-appoint themselves are useless to talk to for they will force their ways upon others while claiming a 'right' yet will fight tooth and nail against anyone who has the real right and wants their ways imposed.

**** Actually, I have never been schooled in the sense that you surmise. Liberties and useless talk by those who self-appoint while claiming a "right" are the product of tooth and nail imposition.

It is the same old boring story with such people and I really do not need to participate in such pointless discussions.

*** I get bored with such discussions as they do not support my viewpoint. Therefore, the endlessness of such discourse is such that i wish to not participate.

You are confused but that is to be expected.

*** It is a given that anyone who does not agree with me is in a state of confusion.

I have no more interest in this discussion because it has gone beyond the point of rational and logical, open minded thought and into a pissing contest by someone, you, who can't stand being shown to be wrong.

**** Perhaps you need to use the bathroom. I think it might be number one... but it depends on whether we are talking about Korean culture or western culture because number one is not universal. Then again, one should not cloud a mind and consider that the number confusion may be rational and logical depending on the interest in the discussion.

*** are my responses.
knee-highs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

archaeologist5 wrote:

How many times can someone leave a discussion and then return before it is considered rude? The middle class really bore me to death. These endless bouts of leaving and joining are reminiscent of my ward, David, who has a penchant for all things relating to an old dusty book and the common sense of a moldy walnut. He too, kept returning to conversations and ultimately ran around in circles until my uncle bought him a giant hamster wheel. Now, he only participate in one discussion.
ThingsComeAround

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was about Simon (of Simon & Martina). The dude they caught grosses me out and I hope he rots under the jail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: