Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't Let Kids Get Away with Publicly Insulting You
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speck7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Don't Let Kids Get Away with Publicly Insulting You Reply with quote

The little rats do most of it on purpose with the waegookin crap. I was with my wife and kid and a ten year old and his friend were on their their bikes and called out "waegookin!" So I turned around and said, "Hangookin!" They turned away in shame.

And dont let the groups get away with the "hello nice to meet you and you?" garbage either. I almost took a whole pack of high school kids down because of that and I got in one of their faces. I made the leader kiss my shoe before I left (felt bad about that when I got home though, I shouldn't have made him do that).

If it means that they won't say it to the next foreigner than I've done a good deed for the day.

You're welcome.
le-paul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Don't Let Kids Get Away with Publicly Insulting You Reply with quote

Speck7 wrote:
The little rats do most of it on purpose with the waegookin crap. I was with my wife and kid and a ten year old and his friend were on their their bikes and called out "waegookin!" So I turned around and said, "Hangookin!" They turned away in shame.

And dont let the groups get away with the "hello nice to meet you and you?" garbage either. I almost took a whole pack of high school kids down because of that and I got in one of their faces. I made the leader kiss my shoe before I left (felt bad about that when I got home though, I shouldn't have made him do that).

If it means that they won't say it to the next foreigner than I've done a good deed for the day.

You're welcome.

The scariest thing I read in that, is that you have a kid...
optik404

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, speck7 is really dodge7? The guy who had daily conference calls with President Obama?
Speck7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look guys, just stop the assumptions and stay within the spirit of the thread. There's a message I'm trying to get out there and you two are hampering it.
Stain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Don't Let Kids Get Away with Publicly Insulting You Reply with quote

Speck7 wrote:

You're welcome.

I've made many a student kiss my shoe, but lately I've come to realize that maybe that's not a good idea.

They already kiss the shoes of those Koreans above them and will continue to do so until they die. It's exactly that type of behavior which I detest in this country. As a foreigner, I would like to make them aware that there is a world where they don't have to bow down, that they can give their opinions freely to people no matter the age.

Sadly; however, the little bastards still force me to make them kiss my shoe.
Speck7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Don't Let Kids Get Away with Publicly Insulting You Reply with quote

Stain wrote:
Speck7 wrote:

You're welcome.

I've made many a student kiss my shoe, but lately I've come to realize that maybe that's not a good idea.

They already kiss the shoes of those Koreans above them and will continue to do so until they die. It's exactly that type of behavior which I detest in this country. As a foreigner, I would like to make them aware that there is a world where they don't have to bow down, that they can give their opinions freely to people no matter the age.

Sadly; however, the little bastards still force me to make them kiss my shoe.

Stain keep up the good fight.

See, we are beneath even the children in this country. We are akin to dogs and cats that can speak English. Cute, playful, yes. But still an animal. So, they feel emboldened and brazen enough to use banmal to you even though you are older and obviously stronger than their own fathers and would take them to task in a moment's notice. We are foreigners too prone to violence, I'm not sure why they feel they can get away with it. We must make strides to stomp this idiocy out.

And to all you foreigners who say, "well, we don't use honorifics in English so I don't force them to use it with me." You are WEAK. That's an excuse to hide like a little scared puppy. Go HOME. They are cursing at you when they use banmal to you. They are saying your are lower than the dirt on their shoes.

Wake up foreigner.
le-paul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speck7 wrote:
Look guys, just stop the assumptions and stay within the spirit of the thread. There's a message I'm trying to get out there and you two are hampering it.

Theres a message there alright.

You are a massively intolerant person.

When I was a teenager, I did a lot worse than that. You think its 'so rude' to say hello? Maybe they were taking the piss but so what? What kind of an impression do you think you give the world of americans if you go around reinforcing your nations stereotypes?
i don't give a shit if they see me next time and say hello!

And referring to them as 'rats'? You don't think that is a tad racist?

I honestly pity the poor child that has to watch the kind of behaviour you must exhibit in public and private.
What kind of a person do you think it is going to grow up to be? A mirror image of your good self and all of your xenophobic spoutings, or the opposite personality and probably despise you for being so ignorant?

And finally...
You almost took a group of high school students down!??!!

Either you're a bully (smaller than you) or they would have probably kicked the crap out of you if it had come down to it.

But know this,

YOU ARE A COWARD FOR STARTING FIGHTS WITH PEOPLE YOU KNOW ARENT GOING TO RETALIATE!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Don't Let Kids Get Away with Publicly Insulting You Reply with quote

Speck7 wrote:
[And to all you foreigners who say, "well, we don't use honorifics in English so I don't force them to use it with me." You are WEAK. That's an excuse to hide like a little scared puppy. Go HOME. They are cursing at you when they use banmal to you. They are saying your are lower than the dirt on their shoes.

Wake up foreigner.

Dude, come on. Tell us what you really want to say: "that's Beta"
Lucas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I made the leader kiss my shoe before I left (felt bad about that when I got home though, I shouldn't have made him do that).

I bet you're under the wife’s thumb though aren't you!

Does she have your bank book? Very Happy
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respect is earned, not forced.

Yelling at kids on the street who say "waegookin!" makes you seem pretty insecure too.
chrisinkorea2011

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha you guys are playing into this tool's hand.

this reeks of dodge or Ipayincash (who last time I checked are the same or everyone said)

But yeah this person has some insecurities that counseling could help. Laughing
jazzmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwaterbob wrote:
Respect is earned, not forced.

I used to strongly believe this, and back home I think it still rings true. But in Korea it seems whoever shouts the loudest, and treats others badly gets more respect.
I was discussing this with a colleague and we both agreed that treating people kindly seems to be perceived as weakness, and is therefore taken as an invite to walk all over the person. This seems particularly true for men.
I'm not suggesting that making children kiss your feet is a good idea, merely that the rules governing peoples behaviour here seems very different to what I am used to.
Lucas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
haha you guys are playing into this tool's hand.

this reeks of dodge or Ipayincash (who last time I checked are the same or everyone said)

But yeah this person has some insecurities that counseling could help.

Or they're just taking a break between their thesis: 'Violence and Discourse: Symbolic Categories of Social Hygiene and Rape in the American Penal System'
cabeza

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucas wrote:
Quote:
I made the leader kiss my shoe before I left (felt bad about that when I got home though, I shouldn't have made him do that).

I bet you're under the wife’s thumb though aren't you!

Does she have your bank book? Very Happy

His ajumma wife has got about 8 years on him she's already walked on him once.

He takes his frustration out on little Korean kids. How about the poor students he teaches. They must love going to his class.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kissing your shoe and yelling "hangookin" is so beta. A real man makes them choke themselves with your hand, beats them with pugil sticks, and forces them to eat jelly donuts while the rest of the class does calisthenics. Man up Dodge7 and Stain!

PS- And I'm told I have issues...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: