Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam VISA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sjsullivan88

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Vietnam VISA Reply with quote

Hey, I'm planning on traveling to Vietnam from Seoul at the end of July... Any advice on the best way to get a travel Visa? Also, I really want to take a trip to Angkor Wat in Cambodia, will I need an additional Visa for that if I travel there by bus from Vietnam?

Thanks!
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vietnam VISA Reply with quote

Sjsullivan88 wrote:
Hey, I'm planning on traveling to Vietnam from Seoul at the end of July... Any advice on the best way to get a travel Visa? Also, I really want to take a trip to Angkor Wat in Cambodia, will I need an additional Visa for that if I travel there by bus from Vietnam?

Thanks!

The need for and access to a visa will vary depending on YOUR nationality but for most E2 types:

An E-Visa is your best bet for Vietnam.
Get your visa for Cambodia when you are in Vietnam.

Sjsullivan88

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Vietnam VISA Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
Sjsullivan88 wrote:

Thanks!

The need for and access to a visa will vary depending on YOUR nationality but for most E2 types:

An E-Visa is your best bet for Vietnam.
Get your visa for Cambodia when you are in Vietnam.

Thanks! Any recommendations for E-Visa services for Vietnam? And how many does it take to process?
Redcap

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used vietnamvisa.org for my e-visa. The processing time was less than 48 hours.

As for the Cambodian visa, you can obtain one at your point of entry in Cambodia. When my girlfriend and I took a bus from Saigon to Angkor Wat, almost all the passengers obtained their visas at the Cambodian border. The cost was about $25.

If you're planning on returning to Vietnam, make sure your visa for Vietnam is multi-entry.

Enjoy Angkor Wat. It's a special place.
Sjsullivan88

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright great! Yeah I can't wait for Angkor Wat... I'm really excited. Thanks for the help!
thrylos

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably need 3 visas, original entry to Vietnam, one for Cambodia, then another for Vietnam, unless you have a Viet multiple entry or flying into one country and out another.
Porksta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to hop onto this thread - to get a Vietnam I need a visa, and I need a passport with 6 months left on it. Is it the same for China, where you need 6 months on your ARC instead of your passport?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porksta wrote:
Just to hop onto this thread - to get a Vietnam I need a visa, and I need a passport with 6 months left on it. Is it the same for China, where you need 6 months on your ARC instead of your passport?
`

Vietnam, visa to enter (for non ASEAN nationals) and a passport with 6 months validity remaining BEYOND your intended period of stay.

China = all of the same PLUS, if you are coming from Korea, 6 months validity remaining on your ARC at the time of the visa application.

IF you do NOT have the remaining time on your passport then you cannot usually travel internationally other than to return to your home country.

If you lack the 6 months remaining on your ARC then you need to apply for a China (tourist) visa from either your home country, or in person in Hong Kong or Macau.

Porksta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vietnam is incredibly annoying in terms of visas.

plus every time i go they take another full page of my passport for their visa and they don't seem to offer a multiple tourist visa...
Lunar Groove Gardener

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vietnam visa online is easy and quick.
The prices change a bit here, usually $10-$20 for the online application which they'll email back in 3 days....pay immigration...$45 for single entry...$65 for multiple. It's all here:

https://www.visaonlinevietnam.com/application-process?gclid=CKqek6Gunr8CFQ1wvAodLmgADQ

It's easy if you are booked to fly in. If you arrive from another country, you can have them apply for you at a travel agent in Laos or Cambodia etc.

Having done all these several times, I wonder what problems anyone had.
My biggest warning about arriving in Vietnam is the usual taxi scams.

Know your exchange rates, use the ATM at the airport, no problem with a KEB card, and use the tourist desk to arrange your taxi. They are more aggressive once they have you in their car, and this has been problematic on more than one occasion.
Becki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to visit Vietnam, you need to have a Vietnam tourist visa Vietnam. There are many reliable travel agents providing Vietnam visa service such as myvietnamvisa.com, vietnamvisa.org, vietnamvisa.govt.vn, evisa.com.vn, etc with the fee is about $17 to $20. However, Halong would be one of the destination I visited in Vietnam, hence I booked at http://www.bestpricevn.com/vietnam-visa/ because they offered free Vietnam visa when I booked Halong Bay cruise in their website. The validity of Visa and its fee depend on your choice. I listed below the types of visa with its fee:
1 month single entry $12
3 month single entry $25
1 month multiple entry $20

Hope that my experience is useful to you, travel lovers. Rolling Eyes
banjois

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a passport photo with youwhen you show up at the airport. Otherwise the guy will kinda but not really take a picture of you with his phone and charge you 20 bucks for it, and there's no photo booth option there.
unplugged_boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't get it at all...

sorry if i sound skeptical..

but why does the Vietnam gov make tourists go thru 3rd parties to get a generic pre-approval letter that will get approved in less than a couple days? Only to have tourists stand in line again at the airport and purchase a visa?

what would happen if i just showed up in vietnam and applied for the visa at the airport without any approval letter?
banjois

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably wouldn't let you on the flight, in the first place.

It's just how it works, dude. There's no point marveling at how it's screwed up. It's just how it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: