Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Korean Android apps missing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew345

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Some Korean Android apps missing? Reply with quote

Last week my Korean friend was trying to load the CVG showtime app to my andriod phone and it just wasn't there in my google playstore. Like it didn't exist.
I am now trying to load the starbucks card app to my phone, and again, it just doesn't exist on my playstore.
My phone was bought in Korea and always registered to a Korean carrier, but the menus are set to English. Why would 2 apps that my Korean friends use (and shows up on their playstore searches) just not show up in my playstore? Does playstore know who is foreigner and who is Korean even with the same phone in the same country? Spooky.
Thanks,
Drew345

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll follow up with some more info now.
I used the barcode scanner to bring up the starbucks card app for Korea, and Playstore gives the message "This item isn't available in your country."

I am sitting in a coffee shop in Hong Dae ......

So, now I remember that playstore is liked go my gmail account (is that right?). Maybe if I changed my gmail location to Korea from America I can download the starbucks app? Would that make me loose tons of other stuff if I change my gmail location to Korea?

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: