Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about watching Netflix on PS4 via VPN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greatunknown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Question about watching Netflix on PS4 via VPN Reply with quote

So I signed up for a VPN with strongdns.com and everything seems to be working except for Netflix. I am still getting the same old "Netflix is not yet available in your area" message. I was however able to sign up for and use Hulu Plus without any problems.

I suspect the problem has to do with the fact that I am using a Canadian PSN account. I did try making a new account and setting USA as my location but that did not work. I was very surprised that hulu worked as that service is not available in Canada at all.

Am I missing something? I feel like this should work
singerdude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about watching Netflix on PS4 via VPN Reply with quote

greatunknown wrote:
So I signed up for a VPN with strongdns.com and everything seems to be working except for Netflix. I am still getting the same old "Netflix is not yet available in your area" message. I was however able to sign up for and use Hulu Plus without any problems.

I suspect the problem has to do with the fact that I am using a Canadian PSN account. I did try making a new account and setting USA as my location but that did not work. I was very surprised that hulu worked as that service is not available in Canada at all.

Am I missing something? I feel like this should work

I can confirm it works because I am using the same service on a PS4 with no problems. I even used a Korean credit card but used my US home address when signing up.

However, I've never tried setting the PS4 up directly without a router. Is that what you're doing? I'm not saying you can't, but it may be easier to buy a router that you can flash tomato or dd-wrt on so you can keep your Korean and US IP addresses separate, or in this case the DNS addresses separate. I am using the Asus RT-N16 flashed with tomato. I like this method since it is easy to switch over to my Korean ISP wirelessly because the download speeds for games are much faster using my Korean router.
jayfromchicago

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use www.unblock-us.com for my ps4 streaming needs. Hulu, Netflix, and amazon instant work perfectly. no need to flash a router all you do is change the dns settings on your ps4 and your done. you can also change your netflix region by navigating the the site on your ps4 browser. it's 4.99 a month (you can use a Korean credit card). also, you can try the service out for a week for free.

the link below is how to set it up for ps4 (also works with ps3,xbox 360/one).

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/1367856-how-to-setup-your-playstation-4-ps4-to-use-unblock-us?b_id=530
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: