Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yongsan I PARK MALL - all second hand dealers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fosterman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: yongsan I PARK MALL - all second hand dealers? Reply with quote

whats the story with this place.. they all selling second hand gear?
they are trying to tell me its new, but at those prices I can't believe it.

anyone know if its a second hand place?
some clerks are like, ,we have second hand and brand new.. but when they are selling brand new samsung gear at almost half the price of the original samsung store. you have to question samsung and say, why would samsung off load their own goods so cheap to other retail sellers then sell it at a high price in their store..

so I am left wondering if these guys are just con artists telling people they are brand new where in fact they are not..
anyone know the story?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apples, oranges and overhead.

Your "branded" store usually is a "premium" shop and you pay for it.
The markets at Yongsan are about 1 step removed from the wholesale shops (often right across the tracks) and operate with minimal service, no "ambiance" and lower overhead.

You also need to make sure that you are comparing apples to apples.
Lower priced stuff may be due to different specs or different hardware on similar machines (often with the same model number).

If you want even better pricing then take the pedway over the tracks to the blue building or if you look to the right of that (across the road) the triangular shaped building (seon-in plaza). You can get your machine at literally wholesale prices.

jsk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a camera from an IPark mall dealer about 5 years ago. Only after I opened the box did I realize he swapped out the battery with a third-party one. I took it back and got a refund but I had to argue for it. I never bought anything from there again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: