Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRAIS HDTV's. Any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philthor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: TRAIS HDTV's. Any good? Reply with quote

I'm in the market for a new big screen TV, but, as many know here, they're much more expensive than in America.

Decided to give Gmarket a try and found a 50 inch 1080p TV for about 525,000 won. It's a TRAIS, which I've never heard of. Anyone know anything about this company/TV?

Here's a link for it:

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=586529947

The details look pretty good. English/Korean operating system, 1080p, three HDMI. . . etc. . .
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about TRAIS.. the name seems familiar, so I may have seen it in a motel somewhere over the years.

Be careful about ordering electronics online, though. Check out the seller as best you can before sending any money. I lost quite a bit of money at the beginning of the year on a TV. The site was fine, Naver's equivalent of gmarket, but the seller removed all traces of the ad and cancelled the phone and bank account as soon as they had my money.

The police were able to catch the guy with the information we had, but were not able to recover any money. I'm still fighting to get the money back. Found out there's a black market of bank accounts for this type of thing. Naver was helpful in giving us another phone number for the guy, but they do not guarantee their sales.

If I were to order another pricy thing online, I would check:
- The name on the bank account matches the shop's name. If it's a personal account, have them send a pic of their ID.
- I'd get an invoice before paying that shows the shop's name, address, and phone, and then look up that information and contact them that way.

Good luck.
philthor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good advice FriendlyDaegu! Sorry to hear that you got scammed. Naver is a big dog when it comes to the internet in Korea, so that's a little scary.
maximmm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmarket is not ebay - you won't get scammed there.
If nothing else, it's closer to amazon in how it operates - and gmarket would get seriously involved if something went wrong.

I once had an item that was said to be delivered in the tracking window, but it never actually arrived. I got the money back after calling gmarket. In that instance, it was the shipping company that lost the item in question.

I don't know much about naver though - could be the Korean equivalent of ebay?

PS. Having said all that - here is a part of Gmarket's policy -

In relation to the transactions between Sellers and Buyers through the system provided by the Company, the Company will not guarantee the existence and genuineness of the intent to sell or buy, the quality, completeness, safety, and legality of the registered items, non-infringement of third party rights, or the truthfulness or legality of the information entered by any Seller or Buyer, or data posted on the URL linked to the information entered by any Seller or Buyer. The Members concerned shall solely take any and all risks and responsibilities relating thereto.
Beeyee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maximmm wrote:
Gmarket is not ebay

It actually is Laughing

http://blog.ebay.com/breaking-ebay-expands-in-asia-gmarket-purchase-announced/
dazzed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auction.co.kr is also Ebay owned Shocked Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: