Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BUSAN NATIVE WANTS TO HELP FOREIGN TEACHERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveSteve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: BUSAN NATIVE WANTS TO HELP FOREIGN TEACHERS Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have a great student who lives in Busan. He has advanced English skills, but he wants to practice more with native speakers.

He has decided to volunteer his free time to help English teachers and other foreign teachers do many tasks in Korea, such as: setting up bank accounts, buying furniture and appliances, going to the doctor or hospital (he has 5 years of medical administrative experience), and many other things.

He doesn't want your money. He just wants to help foreign teachers in Busan. If you have just moved here and need help getting your life set up and running smoothly, please get in touch with my friend and student.

I won't publish his e-mail or phone number here, so just PM me and I will share his contact details with you.

Questions and comments below please. Thanks!

-SteveSteve
Lucas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I have a great student who lives in Busan. He has advanced English skills, but he wants to practice more with native speakers.

He has decided to volunteer his free time to help English teachers and other foreign teachers do many tasks in Korea, such as: setting up bank accounts, buying furniture and appliances, going to the doctor or hospital (he has 5 years of medical administrative experience), and many other things.

He doesn't want your money. He just wants to help foreign teachers in Busan. If you have just moved here and need help getting your life set up and running smoothly, please get in touch with my friend and student.

I won't publish his e-mail or phone number here, so just PM me and I will share his contact details with you.

-SteveSteve

Is he a 'man of god?'
SteveSteve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Lucas -- Absolutely not. He genuinely wants to help people with typical tasks and errands. Mainly to practice his English but also because he has a heart of gold.

Lucas wrote:
Quote:
Hello everyone,

-SteveSteve

Is he a 'man of god?'
Lucas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Lucas -- Absolutely not. He genuinely wants to help people with typical tasks and errands. Mainly to practice his English but also because he has a heart of gold.

The film festival is next month - no?
radcon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him to bring me beer and a pizza. Ill pm my address.
SteveSteve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right! The film festival is October 2 - 11, but he's not associated with them either.

Lucas wrote:
Quote:

The film festival is next month - no?
SteveSteve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to help expats with any task or errand that becomes excruciatingly frustrating due to the language barrier. He translates and acts as a liaison for you, but gets some English practice as well. Doesn't need your corrections or tutoring. Just wants more opportunities to speak English.

TL;DR - It's mutually beneficially, so why not buy him a beer, or just go Dutch?

radcon wrote:
Sesame

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:

lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: