Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying a TV 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greatunknown

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Buying a TV 2015 Reply with quote

I saw a similar post but it was a bit outdated. I am in the market for a new TV. I want something 50-55". I would like to spend around 1 000 000 won. I have browsed HiMart and have seen off brand sets in that range and a few LG's not too far outside of that range.

Any tips on specific retailers, brands or models? Should I stick with LG or Samsung? Moving into the new place thursday and I want to buy the TV this week. Any info would be appreciated
greatunknown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up paying 1 750 000 Shocked

Wife wanted 3D, I wanted a big screen. For 1 300 000 they had a 55inch LG (no 3D) or a 50 inch LG smart TV (3d). We couldnt make a decision. Thats when we noticdd the 60 inch Samsung marked down to 1 750 000. We completely over bought but on the plus side, gonna be fun watching Game of Thrones next month.
maximmm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 1.9 mill, you could have gotten a 60 inch 3d - http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=538859905

There is also a 50 inch 3d for 1.4 mill
furtakk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For cheaper/smaller screens, buy local. HiMart has really inflated prices, but usually the LG/Samsung shops are okay. Online will always be cheaper, but the A/S is not as good.

If you're going to spend over a million on a TV, import! Any of the nicer models have crazy markups compared to the U.S. (despite being local brands). And with services like malltail http://post.malltail.com/, shipping is way less than if you'd do it on your own.
maximmm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

furtakk wrote:
For cheaper/smaller screens, buy local. HiMart has really inflated prices, but usually the LG/Samsung shops are okay. Online will always be cheaper, but the A/S is not as good.

If you're going to spend over a million on a TV, import! Any of the nicer models have crazy markups compared to the U.S. (despite being local brands). And with services like malltail http://post.malltail.com/, shipping is way less than if you'd do it on your own.

Agreed. when it comes to electronics - first I look at amazon - then gmarket - if amazon offers the same thing for a lot cheaper, I move on to something else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: