Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do I have any chances of getting a teaching position in SK?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LivingLife05

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Do I have any chances of getting a teaching position in SK? Reply with quote

Hello!, Let me first start this off by saying that I am new to this website and that my main purpose is to obtain advice.

If you want to know some background information on me well.... I am in my junior year of college and I have been taking Korean classes for 3 years while majoring in English(so I plan on getting a bachelor's degree in English).
I've always liked East Asian cultures growing up and learning about Korea's history from ancient times to modern times(both south and north)is what persuaded me to learn the language and culture/mannerism. I am seeking advice because I plan to apply during my senior year(I'm also going to take a TEFL course so don't worry!), yet I am really nervous after reading about the application process, interviews, and increase of rejections. My only personal downsides is that I have no experience in teaching and My English isn't perfect(I make mistakes here and there) even though I am a native speaker, but I only want teach elementary schoolers(1st-2nd year specifically), so I hope that it won't be a problem. My goal is to live there for a couple years(if possible) since I want to experience the culture in person before making a final decision on permanently staying. If things continue to go sour with teaching english in South Korea then I'm honestly out of ideas since you have to be a native citizen for other jobs. China and Japan are my other options so I would appreciate it if you could give your insights on these three countries.

Thank you!~
PRagic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post. see responses on other thread...
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?p=2996190&highlight=#2996190

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: