Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicago Police
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swartz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirius black wrote:
My guess is you know the difference between having the resources to fulfill academic/intellectual capabilities and intellectual inferiority but choose to obfuscate the two and muddy the waters based on your ideological doctrine.

People are different in different ways. Is that really too difficult a concept for you to grasp? Russians are different than Swedes, Gambians are different than Thais, and on and on. That’s how the world works, because groups of people evolved under different circumstances. Basic stuff here.

I’m aware that you have no idea what you’re talking about, but out of a misplaced sense of sympathy, let me attempt to help you work through your own nonsense: You think that if you move Group B onto Group A’s territory, Group B will perform the same as Group A after X amount of time … unless Group A is racist against Group B, and then the only explanation for why Group B doesn’t perform the same as Group A is because Group A is systemically oppressing Group B and hoarding resources.

But maybe Group B is just different (i.e. not as smart, hardworking, or civically oriented). Did that ever cross your mind? Of course not, because you also want to bring in Groups C through Z so you can blame Group A and complain incessantly when your flawed system inevitably fails, leads to war, or when Group A is wiped out completely; but that will be justified because it was Group A's own fault for being racist and oppressive. Or so you think, because you are a lunatic who believes you have the right to dictate what Group A does with its own resources and who is allowed to live in its territory.

Individuals who are as indoctrinated into the liberal zeitgeist as sirius black, are essentially Judaized, meaning they are mimicking and dogmatically following the authoritarian mindset and values as dictated down to them by the Middle Eastern sociopaths who have invented this new reality and controlled the cultural framing within the post-Christian West for the last fifty or so years. It's an inversion of reality. It's not supposed to make sense. It's supposed to destroy your group because your group's destruction benefits the Tribe that rules over you. It's not real, it's moral manipulation. That's why the arguments fall apart so easily and lack rational sense.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus2 wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white#update-note

Quote:
The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police.

I know Kepler likes statistics. This is for him. I know the subject is Chicago Police. I also encourage those to examine the FBI statistics for what they are. Flawed.

I assume Kepler will ask what the confounding variable is in the above data.

James Comey, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, admits that the FBI does not keep track of all the killings of citizens by law enforcement.

From the link:

Quote:
The FBI's data has appeared in news accounts over the years, and surfaced again with the August killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. To a great degree, observers and experts lamented the limited nature of the FBI's reports. Their shortcomings are inarguable.

The data, for instance, is terribly incomplete. Vast numbers of the country's 17,000 police departments don't file fatal police shooting reports at all, and many have filed reports for some years but not others. Florida departments haven't filed reports since 1997 and New York City last reported in 2007. Information contained in the individual reports can also be flawed. Still, lots of the reporting police departments are in larger cities, and at least 1000 police departments filed a report or reports over the 33 years.

There is, then, value in what the data can show while accepting, and accounting for, its limitations. Indeed, while the absolute numbers are problematic, a comparison between white and black victims shows important trends. Our analysis included dividing the number of people of each race killed by police by the number of people of that race living in the country at the time, to produce two different rates: the risk of getting killed by police if you are white and if you are black.

David Klinger, a University of Missouri-St. Louis professor and expert on police use of deadly force, said racial disparities in the data could result from "measurement error," meaning that the unreported killings could alter ProPublica's findings.

However, he said the disparity between black and white teenage boys is so wide, "I doubt the measurement error would account for that."
sirius black

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are different, we all are but intelligence isn't limited. There are tons of blacks here in Korea teaching, most seem to be from the USA, others from Canada, S. Africa, UK. I'd have to put the number in total a few thousand. Where is this difference? Its a large enough pool to say that your assertion on intelligence would be proven.

Are Appalachians inherently of low IQ? They were poor in the scots irish areas they came from and stayed poor here since the 1600s. So, are they inherently low IQ?

Answer these specific questions.
Swartz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are looking at this wrong. There is a spectrum of intelligence and a mean for each group of people that can more or less determine how successful (or nonviolent or low time preference) that group will be. Within a group, some are on the low end and some are on the high end, but what matters is the mean because it determines the high/low distribution.

Now look at an IQ distribution map. It follows along clear racial/genetic lines. It’s not about resources and opportunity, and making it about such obscures reality entirely.

sirius black wrote:
There are tons of blacks here in Korea teaching, most seem to be from the USA, others from Canada, S. Africa, UK. I'd have to put the number in total a few thousand. Where is this difference? Its a large enough pool to say that your assertion on intelligence would be proven.

Using this example, the blacks would certainly be at the very high end of their demographic spectrum, while the Whites would probably be at the lower end of theirs. But here’s the thing … a test of this black population’s genetic composition would also likely show a higher percentage of European admixture, maybe as high as 20-30% or more, which would contribute to their success in competing with the lower end of Whites.

sirius black wrote:
Are Appalachians inherently of low IQ?

Scots-Irish are at the very low end for Europeans, yes. I’m not sure if this was due to inbreeding in the past, famine, or the island/isolation effect because I haven’t really looked into it. Regardless, they still have a higher up side and commit less crime than blacks and other nonwhite ethnic groups. Also, there have been many successful and intelligent Scots-Irish, but the left likes to use them as a kind of whipping boy so I understand why you’re keen to repeat it to others.
sirius black

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Herr Swartz
sirius black

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swartz wrote:

sirius black wrote:
There are tons of blacks here in Korea teaching, most seem to be from the USA, others from Canada, S. Africa, UK. I'd have to put the number in total a few thousand. Where is this difference? Its a large enough pool to say that your assertion on intelligence would be proven.

Using this example, the blacks would certainly be at the very high end of their demographic spectrum, while the Whites would probably be at the lower end of theirs. But here’s the thing … a test of this black population’s genetic composition would also likely show a higher percentage of European admixture, maybe as high as 20-30% or more, which would contribute to their success in competing with the lower end of Whites.

But Nigerian immigrants have the most academic success in a link I posted earlier.

Hmmm....okay, west Indians and Africans have a higher academic record than American blacks with lower European blood but American blacks do badly despite having more European blood?

Scott Irish have a lower IQ (i'm in trouble on my mother's side...lol) even though its tough get more 'whiter' than scots irish.

And of course the tricky thing about Indians and Asians. Extremely poor countries there, some been poor for centuries. Indians do much better than pretty much everyone but India is almost synonymous with poor. You said look at present day Africa, well look at present day India.

By the way, most economic publications say Africa will have the biggest economic expansion of any continent so the 'look at Africa' argument may not hold water in a generation.

You're all over the place and there are way too many 'exceptions'. The fact is IQ and such similar tests were started to justify domination of other people as well as excluding other people.

Jews were part of the group that were deemed intellectually inferior in the late 1800s.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The second point was also widely reported. From http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/investigations/2015/12/03/tamir-shooting-police-commands/76685994/:

Quote:
As the police cruiser slid to a stop at the Cudell Recreation Center, Officer Tim Loehmann says he yelled the command, "Show me your hands," as loudly as he could. His partner, Officer Frank Garmback, who believed the car's windows were closed, said he also shouted the same command.

The officers say they continued to yell, "Show me your hands" when Tamir reached down into his waistband. When they said Tamir pulled the gun out of his waistband, they were still yelling, "Show me your hands."

I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt on the heat of the moment on the second point. That doesn't mean that I think they should continue to be police officers, as it's pretty bad policing if they were yelling "Show me your hands," from inside the vehicle with the windows closed.

This narrative for the second point does not back up Mr. Black's claim that the police officers lied about giving commands. According to them, they did. Both from inside and outside the vehicle. When Tamir pulled the gun he was shot. They would have to be outside the vehicle in order to shoot him. And as the article states...they were still yelling "show me your hands" when Tamir drew the gun.

But Mr. Black's claim that the officers lied about giving commands remains unsupported and unsubstantiated. Of course they could be lying...but I fail to see where that is stated in the link you gave.
northway

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUrbanMyth wrote:
Quote:
The second point was also widely reported. From http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/investigations/2015/12/03/tamir-shooting-police-commands/76685994/:

Quote:
As the police cruiser slid to a stop at the Cudell Recreation Center, Officer Tim Loehmann says he yelled the command, "Show me your hands," as loudly as he could. His partner, Officer Frank Garmback, who believed the car's windows were closed, said he also shouted the same command.

The officers say they continued to yell, "Show me your hands" when Tamir reached down into his waistband. When they said Tamir pulled the gun out of his waistband, they were still yelling, "Show me your hands."

I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt on the heat of the moment on the second point. That doesn't mean that I think they should continue to be police officers, as it's pretty bad policing if they were yelling "Show me your hands," from inside the vehicle with the windows closed.

This narrative for the second point does not back up Mr. Black's claim that the police officers lied about giving commands. According to them, they did. Both from inside and outside the vehicle. When Tamir pulled the gun he was shot. They would have to be outside the vehicle in order to shoot him. And as the article states...they were still yelling "show me your hands" when Tamir drew the gun.

But Mr. Black's claim that the officers lied about giving commands remains unsupported and unsubstantiated. Of course they could be lying...but I fail to see where that is stated in the link you gave.

Well, lied might be the wrong word, but if they were shouting commands from inside their cruiser with the windows closed, I do question whether that really counts as issuing a command. Regardless, I was just trying to provide links for more detail on what had occurred. How you choose to interpret those is your own business.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The former mayor of Cincinnati discusses its police reforms

Quote:
Graham: Did you worry that some of the big businesses in Cincinnati—Kroger, Proctor and Gamble, Macy’s—would decamp after the riots?

Luken: I was afraid people were going to leave town.There was a period of time when I really wondered whether the city as we know it was going to make it. If you look at it today, Cincinnati has done pretty well for a midwestern, medium-sized city. I don’t think we would have been able to make any progress had we not first dealt with the police-community issues. We wouldn’t have been able to do the development that has happened over the last few years.

Police reform will lead to safer cities which will lead to better cities, for both whites and blacks.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northway wrote:
TheUrbanMyth wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Well, lied might be the wrong word, but if they were shouting commands from inside their cruiser with the windows closed, I do question whether that really counts as issuing a command. Regardless, I was just trying to provide links for more detail on what had occurred. How you choose to interpret those is your own business.

No "interpretation" is going on. According to the article they were still yelling "show me your hands" when Tamir drew the gun. That's when he was shot. In order to shoot him they would have be OUTSIDE the vehicle...therefore the commands to "show me your hands" would also have to be issued OUTSIDE the vehicle (at least at that particular point in time.)
Adam Carolla

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUrbanMyth wrote:
northway wrote:
TheUrbanMyth wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

No "interpretation" is going on. According to the article they were still yelling "show me your hands" when Tamir drew the gun. That's when he was shot. In order to shoot him they would have be OUTSIDE the vehicle...therefore the commands to "show me your hands" would also have to be issued OUTSIDE the vehicle (at least at that particular point in time.)

Off topic: So, you once said one of the reasons you stayed in Korea was because of family. Of course, you are no in China. How hard was it to bring your Korean family with you? Very curious.
Titus2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
Titus2 wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:

Quote:
The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police.

I know Kepler likes statistics. This is for him. I know the subject is Chicago Police. I also encourage those to examine the FBI statistics for what they are. Flawed.

James Comey, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, admits that the FBI does not keep track of all the killings of citizens by law enforcement.

From the link:

Quote:
The FBI's data has appeared in news accounts over the years, and surfaced again with the August killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. To a great degree, observers and experts lamented the limited nature of the FBI's reports. Their shortcomings are inarguable.

The data, for instance, is terribly incomplete. Vast numbers of the country's 17,000 police departments don't file fatal police shooting reports at all, and many have filed reports for some years but not others. Florida departments haven't filed reports since 1997 and New York City last reported in 2007. Information contained in the individual reports can also be flawed. Still, lots of the reporting police departments are in larger cities, and at least 1000 police departments filed a report or reports over the 33 years.

There is, then, value in what the data can show while accepting, and accounting for, its limitations. Indeed, while the absolute numbers are problematic, a comparison between white and black victims shows important trends. Our analysis included dividing the number of people of each race killed by police by the number of people of that race living in the country at the time, to produce two different rates: the risk of getting killed by police if you are white and if you are black.

David Klinger, a University of Missouri-St. Louis professor and expert on police use of deadly force, said racial disparities in the data could result from "measurement error," meaning that the unreported killings could alter ProPublica's findings.

However, he said the disparity between black and white teenage boys is so wide, "I doubt the measurement error would account for that."

The confounding variable is frequency of police interaction. Blacks interact with the police more (in %) and as such we would assume they're more likely to be harmed as a % of the total population - on the aggregate. It isn't useful to include a whole population when studying a portion of that population, unless the researcher is trying to muddy the waters.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus2 wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
Titus2 wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:

Quote:

From the link:

Quote:

The confounding variable is frequency of police interaction. Blacks interact with the police more (in %) and as such we would assume they're more likely to be harmed as a % of the total population - on the aggregate. It isn't useful to include a whole population when studying a portion of that population, unless the researcher is trying to muddy the waters.

A ratio of 22-to-1. It is simple racial disparity.

The fact is that a substantial minority of police officers are abusive; and while officers abuse their power with every racial group, they are more likely to suffer consequences when abusing whites (or even other races) than blacks.

Cell phones make it easier to record the abuses, but the stories have been around forever.

No charges against Minneapolis police officers in Jamar Clark shooting

Quote:
Since Clark’s shooting, two-thirds of the city’s officers have participated in training about recognizing their own biases and the city is participating in a national effort to increase trust between police and people of color.

The protests and conversations sparked by Clark’s death have also prompted Gov. Mark Dayton and DFL lawmakers to consider setting aside $100 million to address racial equity issues across the state.

Racial sensitivity training will not work. The following are needed:

(1) Cameras to track police behavior;

(2) Accountability for police officers; which means taking the decision to prosecute out of the hands of prosecutors because prosecutors are beholden to police for cooperation in cases;

and

(3) Less lenient legal standards for police officers regarding the use of force.

All of the above solutions are facially race-neutral.
Swartz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
The fact is that a substantial minority of police officers are abusive

The fact is that a much more substantial minority of Africans are violent. They have low impulse control and cognitive capabilities, so they'll frequently do something stupid like try to grab a police officer's weapon and end up with a hole in them. And deservedly so. Since police officers in the US routinely have to deal with this alien class of criminal sociopaths, their general restraint should be lauded. The issue is black/brown criminality, not the White law enforcement officers who have to deal with these unruly groups your government continues to import by the tens of thousands daily.

Listening to some screeching, purple-haired SJW who is unable to let this failed media narrative go is one thing; it should frighten you knowing they're indoctrinating law students with this fake activism mentality.

sirius black wrote:
Indians do much better than pretty much everyone but India is almost synonymous with poor.

I don't think I ever saw this post. Typical hokum, but for those who don't know, the highest castes in Indian society (Brahmans in particular) are the result of South Asians that mixed with proto-Europeans who moved into the east ~4-5,000 years ago. Same with Iran (“Ar-yan”), which is why both of those countries to this day speak Indo-European languages. India's caste system was designed so those with the highest European admixture (i.e., the most intelligent) wouldn't mix with the lower classes who received less of it. This is still highly visible within the population, especially on the north/south divide, and a few genetic studies have come out recently with scientific explanations of how your European ancestors were globe-trotting bossmen many millennia ago. But they eventually bred out and created this mid-range hybrid, and that is what will happen to all Europeans in the long run unless the invaders are removed and genetic separation is enforced.

On a side note, it's funny to think that White SWPL women who take up yoga believing it to be a form of “Eastern spirituality” may just be reconnecting with the practices of their own ancient past.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swartz wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
The fact is that a substantial minority of police officers are abusive

The fact is that a much more substantial minority of Africans are violent. They have low impulse control and cognitive capabilities, so they'll frequently do something stupid like try to grab a police officer's weapon and end up with a hole in them. And deservedly so. Since police officers in the US routinely have to deal with this alien class of criminal sociopaths, their general restraint should be lauded. The issue is black/brown criminality, not the White law enforcement officers who have to deal with these unruly groups your government continues to import by the tens of thousands daily.

Listening to some screeching, purple-haired SJW who is unable to let this failed media narrative go is one thing; it should frighten you knowing they're indoctrinating law students with this fake activism mentality.

Why do you respond to my posts? Do you think that Dave's is a kind of platform?

You are well off the rails by now. Indoctrinated in law school?

I learned how it is practicing law, son.

Before I go back to ignoring you, I want you to regard very carefully what Fox said about Cato the Elder and Cato the Younger. I think I may have mentioned Nietzsche to you the last time I addressed you directly. I did it out of vengeance, because he is your only path out of your hole you have dug for yourself, Sergio Stefanuto. Indeed, if the West is really in trouble, then Nietzsche is where I would go first.

Carry on, SSchan. Carry on.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: