Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help buying a smartphone please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Help buying a smartphone please! Reply with quote

I am looking for a smart phone that I can use both in Korea and the Philippines by simply changing out the SIM card (open line). While in Korea I don't want a contract service, only a phone that can be re-charged with a pre-paid card monthly. Approximately 10,000 W per month. Something with a reasonable camera and that most applications can be run. Any suggestions where I might find a second hand smallish smart phone (~100,000 - 150,000 W) that will meet my requirements? Thx!
maximmm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Help buying a smartphone please! Reply with quote

Wad wrote:
I am looking for a smart phone that I can use both in Korea and the Philippines by simply changing out the SIM card (open line). While in Korea I don't want a contract service, only a phone that can be re-charged with a pre-paid card monthly. Approximately 10,000 W per month. Something with a reasonable camera and that most applications can be run. Any suggestions where I might find a second hand smallish smart phone (~100,000 - 150,000 W) that will meet my requirements? Thx!

I suggest going with a new Chinese phone, For that price range - you get a new phone that's superior to any Korean second hand phone. And yes, they are unlocked and work with sim cards in Korea and Philippines alike (Both,my Korean and Chinese phones worked in the Philippines with a sim card).

Here is Lenovo A8 - http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=623141574

I bought my phone from this seller (a slightly more expensive phone though) - so you can check other phones on this seller's page as well (Keep in mind that ONDA device on that seller's page is a tablet, not a phone).

Oh yeah, in the area below the selection, you need to enter your Alien card number for the border inspection people. These phones are all imported here from Hong Kong - so there's a bit of a waiting period (7-10 days?). And you do not need to pay any taxes/duty.
Wad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: