Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New London Mayor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trueblue

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: New London Mayor Reply with quote

Wow...how did this happen? Don't people understand that "tolerance" is simply a ruse used by the opposition?

Besides, isn't allah the "great deceiver"?

What a rag...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8c974c8e-1379-11e6-bb40-c30e3bfcf63b.html
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what?

His party appears to be Labour, by the way.
trueblue

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMS...I have question.

If you martyred yourself and went to heaven to be greeted by 70 virgins, would your wife be jealous?

As usual, you are too shady to even understand. So...I won't waste my time.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: New London Mayor Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Wow...how did this happen?

There was an election in the city for the office of mayor. A number of parties advanced a candidate to contest the election. Each party presumably advanced a candidate they believed would (a) support the party platform and (b) have a good chance of winning a majority of the vote. Mr. Khan obviously fit both requirements.

Quote:
Don't people understand that "tolerance" is simply a ruse used by the opposition?

Nope. "People" don't understand that, only bigots. Granted, bigots are people; however, the bigots certainly do not decide on the general meanings of words used in the English language.

Quote:

Actually, "Allah" (note the capitalization in English, if you will) is simply the Arabic word الله meaning "God". Arab Christians use the term.

Quote:
What a rag...

Reported.
trueblue

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: New London Mayor Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
trueblue wrote:
Wow...how did this happen?

There was an election in the city for the office of mayor. A number of parties advanced a candidate to contest the election. Each party presumably advanced a candidate they believed would (a) support the party platform and (b) have a good chance of winning a majority of the vote. Mr. Khan obviously fit both requirements.

Quote:
Don't people understand that "tolerance" is simply a ruse used by the opposition?

Nope. "People" don't understand that, only bigots. Granted, bigots are people; however, the bigots certainly do not decide on the general meanings of words used in the English language.

Quote:

Actually, "Allah" (note the capitalization in English, if you will) is simply the Arabic word الله meaning "God". Arab Christians use the term.

Quote:
What a rag...

Reported.

Yes, with the new liberal mantra of "tolerance", I"m sure folks voted for him SIMPLY because he is muslim....afraid to not to do so.

And, could give a *beep* less about the capitalization. On that note, you did not answer the question about allah being the "great deceiver". But hey, feel free to gloss over it, while throwing the "bigot" buzzword around.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: New London Mayor Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:

Yes, with the new liberal mantra of "tolerance", I"m sure folks voted for him SIMPLY because he is muslim....afraid to not to do so.

I'm no liberal; far from it, in fact. What I am not is a bigot. By the way, you wouldn't happen to have anything, anything at all, in the realm of proof for your assertion that the man was elected just because of his religion or that the voters were afraid of not voting for him? Since the election wasn't a sweep, your effort at proving the latter should be quite entertaining.

Quote:
And, could give a *beep* less about the capitalization.

Oh, I have my doubts that you don't care about that. Like others tossing out the usual canards you are proffering, it's just a "cute" way of tweaking members of a religion you happen to dislike although you're obviously rather ignorant of its teachings.

Quote:
On that note, you did not answer the question about allah being the "great deceiver".

I didn't answer that because this site has a rule banning religious discussions. ISTM that you are doing a good job currently of demonstrating why there is such a rule.

Quote:
But hey, feel free to gloss over it, while throwing the "bigot" buzzword around.

It's not a buzzword; it's an accurate description of a certain segment of society when said segment says certain ignorant and biased things.
trueblue

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: New London Mayor Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
trueblue wrote:

I'm no liberal; far from it, in fact. What I am not is a bigot. By the way, you wouldn't happen to have anything, anything at all, in the realm of proof for your assertion that the man was elected just because of his religion or that the voters were afraid of not voting for him? Since the election wasn't a sweep, your effort at proving the latter should be quite entertaining.

Quote:
And, could give a *beep* less about the capitalization.

Oh, I have my doubts that you don't care about that. Like others tossing out the usual canards you are proffering, it's just a "cute" way of tweaking members of a religion you happen to dislike although you're obviously rather ignorant of its teachings.

Quote:
On that note, you did not answer the question about allah being the "great deceiver".

I didn't answer that because this site has a rule banning religious discussions. ISTM that you are doing a good job currently of demonstrating why there is such a rule.

Quote:
But hey, feel free to gloss over it, while throwing the "bigot" buzzword around.

It's not a buzzword; it's an accurate description of a certain segment of society when said segment says certain ignorant and biased things.

Proof?

How do you think B.H.O. got elected? Perhaps not direct, but, similar. And, I think the dumbing down and decay of western society, allowing someone of the muslim faith to be mayor of one of the world's most powerful cities speaks volumes.

And yes, I do disagree with electing someone of the muslim faith to any office in the western world. I think it is unfortunate that it happened.

And you, sir, are doing an excellent job doing what you do:)
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
PMS...I have question.

If you martyred yourself and went to heaven to be greeted by 70 virgins, would your wife be jealous?

What does that have to do with running London?

I stopped eating pork. That is all I did. It is not a big deal. My inlaws drink and smoke, they drink more than I do. Not that it is here or there. Now that I gave you a serious glimpse into personal stuff, please speak no more of it; you can pm me personal questions if you must, but out here there is a line between harassment and curiousity, and anymore will cross it.
trueblue

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
trueblue wrote:
PMS...I have question.

What does that have to do with running London?

I stopped eating pork. That is all I did. It is not a big deal. My inlaws drink and smoke, they drink more than I do. Not that it is here or there. Now that I gave you a serious glimpse into personal stuff, please speak no more of it; you can pm me personal questions if you must, but out here there is a line between harassment and curiousity, and anymore will cross it.

Rolling Eyes
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: New London Mayor Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Proof?

How do you think B.H.O. got elected? Perhaps not direct, but, similar.

And this constitutes proof of your assertion...how?

Quote:
And, I think the dumbing down and decay of western society, allowing someone of the muslim faith to be mayor of one of the world's most powerful cities speaks volumes.

Do tell.

Quote:
And yes, I do disagree with electing someone of the muslim faith to any office in the western world.

Why? What's wrong with this particular individual getting elected for this particular office?

Quote:
I think it is unfortunate that it happened.

You would, wouldn't you?

Quote:
And you, sir, are doing an excellent job doing what you do

Of course I am. What I am doing is making my appraisal of the issue based on facts. You should try that.
trueblue

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: New London Mayor Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
trueblue wrote:
Proof?

How do you think B.H.O. got elected? Perhaps not direct, but, similar.

And this constitutes proof of your assertion...how?

Quote:
And, I think the dumbing down and decay of western society, allowing someone of the muslim faith to be mayor of one of the world's most powerful cities speaks volumes.

Do tell.

Quote:
And yes, I do disagree with electing someone of the muslim faith to any office in the western world.

Why? What's wrong with this particular individual getting elected for this particular office?

Quote:
I think it is unfortunate that it happened.

You would, wouldn't you?

Quote:
And you, sir, are doing an excellent job doing what you do

Of course I am. What I am doing is making my appraisal of the issue based on facts. You should try that.

CC..you are about as clear as the Boston Harbor.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No religious test for public office, trueblue. Article IV, Clause 3 of the U.S. Constitution.
trueblue

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
No religious test for public office, trueblue. Article IV, Clause 3 of the U.S. Constitution.

Yeah, but I'm sure the times never even gave a thought to the capitulation of electing a muslim. "Religion" was equatable to "denomination".

Anyway, spin on it PMS.. you and CC can hold hands while doing so.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trublue evidently never tires of making up definitions.
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if trueblue is aware that the US had a Muslim UN ambassador, serving under former Pres. Bush.

Now, granted, that's a lesser position, within its respective sphere, than mayor. But still, I'm guessing that in that position, Khalizad had more access to state and military secrets than does the ceremonial mayor of London.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: