Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New London Mayor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fox

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New London Mayor Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
And, I think the dumbing down and decay of western society, allowing someone of the muslim faith to be mayor of one of the world's most powerful cities speaks volumes.

And yes, I do disagree with electing someone of the muslim faith to any office in the western world. I think it is unfortunate that it happened.

Allowing a citizen if Muslim faith to be a mayor of one of the world's most powerful cities is completely in line with western culture and values, so long as he comports himself well while in office. Whatever you think of Islam as a collective phenomenon, surely you recognize that there are individuals within any group that defy general trends? I read, for example, that this individual actually required police protection at some point to defend him from other Muslims based upon his conduct as a politician, which implies a strong European influence on his world view and values.
trueblue

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: New London Mayor Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
trueblue wrote:
And, I think the dumbing down and decay of western society, allowing someone of the muslim faith to be mayor of one of the world's most powerful cities speaks volumes.

And yes, I do disagree with electing someone of the muslim faith to any office in the western world. I think it is unfortunate that it happened.

Allowing a citizen if Muslim faith to be a mayor of one of the world's most powerful cities is completely in line with western culture and values, so long as he comports himself well while in office. Whatever you think of Islam as a collective phenomenon, surely you recognize that there are individuals within any group that defy general trends? I read, for example, that this individual actually required police protection at some point to defend him from other Muslims based upon his conduct as a politician, which implies a strong European influence on his world view and values.

Hence, the dumbing down and decay of western culture...
trueblue

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand wrote:
I wonder if trueblue is aware that the US had a Muslim UN ambassador, serving under former Pres. Bush.

Now, granted, that's a lesser position, within its respective sphere, than mayor. But still, I'm guessing that in that position, Khalizad had more access to state and military secrets than does the ceremonial mayor of London.

Don't you have more useless things to do...like, telling everyone that someone died?
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
On the other hand wrote:
I wonder if trueblue is aware that the US had a Muslim UN ambassador, serving under former Pres. Bush.

Now, granted, that's a lesser position, within its respective sphere, than mayor. But still, I'm guessing that in that position, Khalizad had more access to state and military secrets than does the ceremonial mayor of London.

Don't you have more useless things to do...like, telling everyone that someone died?

Okay, so a reply to what I actually wrote is beyond your capacity at this time. Sorry to have troubled you.
trueblue

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand wrote:
trueblue wrote:
On the other hand wrote:

Okay, so a reply to what I actually wrote is beyond your capacity at this time. Sorry to have troubled you.

Whatever makes your feel better...
bigverne

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Allowing a citizen if Muslim faith to be a mayor of one of the world's most powerful cities is completely in line with western culture and values

Reducing the indigeneous British to a minority in their own capital is also apparently in line with 'Western culture and values,' a meaningless platitude which is re-formulated every few years to embrace the latest victories of the progressive left.
Fox

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Quote:
Allowing a citizen if Muslim faith to be a mayor of one of the world's most powerful cities is completely in line with western culture and values

Reducing the indigeneous British to a minority in their own capital is also apparently in line with 'Western culture and values,' a meaningless platitude which is re-formulated every few years to embrace the latest victories of the progressive left.

The question of whether British immigration policy is reasonable or not is entirely separate from the question of whether a strict religious test should be required to become Mayor of London.
trueblue

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
bigverne wrote:
Quote:

The question of whether British immigration policy is reasonable or not is entirely separate from the question of whether a strict religious test should be required to become Mayor of London.

Hence, the downfall of western society.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Quote:

And it's no surprise that bigverne appears in the thread to post more nonsense.
trueblue

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
bigverne wrote:
Quote:

And it's no surprise that bigverne appears in the thread to post more nonsense.

How is what he said nonsense?
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, I am forced to ask which city bigverne and trueblue grew up in and which other cities they have lived in.

As I have constantly remarked, any problems caused by the Muslim community (and I'm not aware of any significant ones), who were a sizable community, paled in comparison to problems caused by other communities, particularly the local bro community, the local gangbanger community, the local junkie community, and the local trailer park community.

I never felt unsafe or threatened by the Muslim community when I walked by the Islamic Center or in my classroom or at the gas station, party store, or coney island. I DID feel uncomfortable by certain members of the communities listed above when visiting said establishments.

That's not to say we should just throw open the doors to everyone from Syria, but having a Muslim community in America is not an instant death sentence and there are far worse hoods to walk through than any Muslim neighborhood in the U.S.
bigverne

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
Once again, I am forced to ask which city bigverne and trueblue grew up in and which other cities they have lived in.

As I have constantly remarked, any problems caused by the Muslim community (and I'm not aware of any significant ones), who were a sizable community, paled in comparison to problems caused by other communities, particularly the local bro community, the local gangbanger community, the local junkie community, and the local trailer park community.

I never felt unsafe or threatened by the Muslim community when I walked by the Islamic Center or in my classroom or at the gas station, party store, or coney island. I DID feel uncomfortable by certain members of the communities listed above when visiting said establishments.

That's not to say we should just throw open the doors to everyone from Syria, but having a Muslim community in America is not an instant death sentence and there are far worse hoods to walk through than any Muslim neighborhood in the U.S.

This thread is specifically about London, and perhaps more broadly Europe. Your tiresome anecdotes, which you've repeated ad naseum, are irrelevant.
trueblue

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Steelrails wrote:

This thread is specifically about London, and perhaps more broadly Europe. Your tiresome anecdotes, which you've repeated ad naseum, are irrelevant.

plust 10.

So...if and when the time comes, that a muslim population is equal to or exceeds a Western nation/state/major city...(thanks to "immigration"), how will they react towards the religious status quo?

There will be no more status quo...I cannot believe some of you pea brains don't get that.
Swartz

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Brits will continue to be pushed out of London as it spirals further into a corrupt third world hellscape. The Jewish elites that control the City of London and the only real remaining industry left, financial services, are the root cause of this destruction. The merchant opens the gates to your country when you give him power over your nation's finances, and the same thing is happening throughout the West. This mayoral race was between a guy named (((Goldsmith))) who's married to a Rothschild and the kebab who won. It's no longer a city for English people, but one where any remaining will continue to be phased out by the two Middle Eastern factions now fighting for supremacy. These are two groups that have never built anything on their own and only know how to destroy, so let them continue to burn it to the ground and fight among themselves. But don't forget that this is what happens when you cede control of your institutions and nations to tribal outsiders.
Fox

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Trump's response to the election of London's new mayor: "I was happy to see that."

Quote:
“I think it’s a very good thing, and I hope he does a very good job because frankly that would be very, very good.”

Asked why, Mr. Trump said, “Because I think if he does a great job, it will really — you lead by example, always lead by example. If he does a good job and frankly if he does a great job, that would be a terrific thing.”

I think we can safely leave it to Swartz and trueblue to refute Mr. Trump, with whom they seem to vigorously disagree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: