Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter of recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unknown24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Letter of recommendation Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I applied for a public school in KR and they require LOR.

One of my referees is unable to provide his company's letterhead due to policy issues. However, he is able to provide his business card (which they accept).

It mentions on the LOR guidelines that the business card can be scanned.

Does that mean he doesn't need to provide his full contact details on the right hand side of the letter and just attach his business card on the letter?

OR he would need to scan his business card and print that off on a separate page along with the letter of reference?

Just wanna be on the right track as i heard korea has strict guidelines on LOR.

any thought appreciated~ thanks
isitts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Letter of recommendation Reply with quote

unknown24 wrote:

Does that mean he doesn't need to provide his full contact details on the right hand side of the letter and just attach his business card on the letter?

OR he would need to scan his business card and print that off on a separate page along with the letter of reference?

I think I’ve heard of someone just attaching the business card. Are you not working through a recruiter? Because you could ask them.

By the way, on these forums, “LOR” means “Letter of Release” which is quite different from a letter of recommendation.
denverdeath

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Letter of recommendation Reply with quote

unknown24 wrote:
Hi everyone,

One of my referees is unable to provide his company's letterhead due to policy issues. However, he is able to provide his business card (which they accept).

I don't think things have changed loads since I first applied. Back then, a letter of reference was rarely required even though I had hem. I had a work one, a school one, and a personal one...how could you beat that? Do sth similar. Screw the cards, is my opinion. Your dude can easily insert a picture (ie. his scanned business card into the upper left corner of a letter...no problem. No excuses. Ask him to do that.
pmwhittier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Letter of recommendation Reply with quote

unknown24 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure that the new guidelines state that you must get the business card apostilled, and then signed by the president/monarch of your respective country. Then it must be hand delivered to Korea by yourself in a sealed envelope, with a wax seal, encased in a lambskin briefcase secured to your person via 18-guage chain and lock.

Anything less and they just throw your application in the trash.

Or maybe just don't overthink it, calm down, and do what it says in the guidelines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: