Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elie Wiesel is dead
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Elie Wiesel is dead Reply with quote

Quote:
Elie Wiesel, who survived the Holocaust and went on to become an influential author and Nobel Peace Prize winner, has died, Israel's Holocaust memorial Yad Vashem said on Saturday. He was 87.

I knew who he was, and broadly why he was famous, but I never read anything by him, nor, as far as I can recall, heard him speak.

I seem to remember he was one of the people who got hosed by Bernie Madoff. Also, that he was alternately praised and criticized for his views on the middle east.

link
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Labelled A-7713

Wiesel was a hollow-eyed 16-year-old when he emerged from the newly liberated Buchenwald concentration camp in 1945. He had been orphaned by the Nazis and their identification number, A-7713, was tattooed on his arm as a physical manifestation of his broken faith and the nightmares that would haunt him throughout his life.

Wiesel and his family had first been taken by the Nazis from the village of Sighetu Marmatiei in the Transylvania region of Romania to Auschwitz, where his mother and one of his sisters died. Wiesel and his father, Shlomo, ended up in Buchenwald, where Shlomo died. In Night, Wiesel wrote of his shame at lying silently in his bunk while his father was beaten nearby.

After the war Wiesel made his way to France, studied at the Sorbonne and by 19 had become a journalist. He pondered suicide and never wrote of or discussed his Holocaust experience until 10 years after the war as a part of a vow to himself. He was 27 in 1955 when Night was published in Yiddish and Wiesel would later rewrite it for a world audience.

"Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed ..." Wiesel wrote. "Never shall I forget those flames that consumed my faith forever. Never shall I forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of the desire to live."

That was not the end of it for him.

Quote:
Wiesel was attacked in a San Francisco hotel in 2007 by a 22-year-old Holocaust denier, but not injured.
Swartz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a well-established fact that Wiesel was a liar and a fraud, and even co-ethnics like Chomsky referred to him as such. He also lied about having a survivor tattoo on his arm.

There's been a good, long article pinned to the Unz Review for a while that explores some of this man's fabrications, even though it's more flattering than it should be.

Quote:
If absolute truth to history is the standard, Pfefferkorn says, then Night doesn’t make the grade. Wiesel made things up, in a way that his many subsequent detractors could identify as not untypical of his modus operandi: grasping with deft assurance what people important to his future would want to hear and, by the same token, would not want to hear.

http://www.unz.com/acockburn/truth-and-fiction-in-elie-wiesels-night/

Of course, Wiesel was not the first to be found lying about an event we aren't allowed to question – an event you get sent to prison for questioning in most of Europe and even in Canada.

One of them came out just last week too:

Quote:
A Pennsylvania man who for years traveled the country giving speeches and media interviews about his experiences as a Holocaust survivor acknowledged that he had been lying and apologized.

In a letter published June 23 on the LancasterOnline news site, Joseph Hirt, of Lancaster County said he lied not for personal gain but in hopes of raising awareness about the problems faced by Holocaust survivors.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/214132

But awareness is a one way street when it comes to this sacred case of unchallengeable history.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swartz proved just now that he, Swartz, is a complete troll and has no human decency whatsoever, just like the anti-Semite he is.
Swartz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
Swartz proved just now that he, Swartz, is a complete troll and has no human decency whatsoever, just like the anti-Semite he is.

I am, I, the is that I is? Make an attempt to write slightly better than a seventh grader if you wish to be taken seriously.

A liberal getting emotional over facts is to be expected. A liar sticking up for another is comic irony.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:

Yeah, but just like the 22-yo in 2007, Swartz came at Wiesel and totally missed.

Wink
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
CentralCali wrote:

Yeah, but just like the 22-yo in 2007, Swartz came at Wiesel and totally missed.

Wink

Yeah, not to mention how badly Swartz embarrassed himself in his last post above. That's another miss.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:

How so?
trueblue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cosmic Hum wrote:
CentralCali wrote:

How so?

Yes, how so?
Swartz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros and CC are just a couple of creampuffs acting accordingly. They can't negate or even discuss the facts, so they whine and play the racist witch hunt game like they've been conditioned to.

The High Priest Elie Wiesel was a proven liar, like both of the liberal losers above. The real issue in need of discussion within the West, is why people are being thrown in prison for questioning an historical event that so many, like Wiesel, have been caught lying about. It's completely absurd that anyone could be punished for scrutinizing any historical event, but this is the only one with an international draconian statutory trap around it, and that is a testament to the Jewish power I've been trying highlight on here. When you really look into it, the story falls apart. It's become an extortion scheme, and an anti-religion that's been shoved down our throats to keep us from questioning Jewish power or possibly trying to stop them from dispossessing us of our own homelands. Be open, look into it yourself. You'll be surprised what you find.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes so much courage to come onto the Internet, declare people unable to discuss facts, then tell people simply to look into the truth of the Holocaust.

So much courage.
Swartz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
It takes so much courage to come onto the Internet, declare people unable to discuss facts, then tell people simply to look into the truth of the Holocaust.

So much courage.

Who are you to talk about courage, Kuros? You're known for you cowardliness, your mental instability, general weakness, and lack of manliness. Now, please. Refrain from commenting on topics when you have nothing to say.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swartz wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:

So much courage.

Who are you to talk about courage, Kuros? You're known for you cowardliness, your mental instability, general weakness, and lack of manliness. Now, please. Refrain from commenting on topics when you have nothing to say.

Nothing to say indeed. With some (limited) justification, you question the need for laws forbidding denial of the Holocaust. And yet you totally coward out each time you are called on whether you deny it or not.

You are completely unprepared to tackle the subject of the Holocaust. This thread is as good as any other. Go ahead.

Nah, you are going to sucker out and ask people to research for themselves. Even as you claim I cannot deal in facts.
Swartz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain Meaning wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:

So much courage.

Nothing to say indeed. With some (limited) justification, you question the need for laws forbidding denial of the Holocaust. And yet you totally coward out each time you are called on whether you deny it or not.

You are completely unprepared to tackle the subject of the Holocaust. This thread is as good as any other. Go ahead.

Nah, you are going to sucker out and ask people to research for themselves. Even as you claim I cannot deal in facts.

The weakness just oozes out of you. You are a coward based on observable qualities in your character, which include your feminine nature and your deficiencies as a man. That's not going to change by employing this weak rhetorical strategy.

The Holocaust (TM) does not fit into a confirm or deny paradigm, that's merely you using the language of the people who've told you to think. I've looked into it and I've concluded that it did not happen anything like we're constantly told it did, if it happened at all, and liars like Wiesel are a part of that. I have no reason to be subtle about this or anything else, and you aren't going to gain man points pretending otherwise. Back in the cuck shed, little boy.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swartz wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:
Swartz wrote:
Plain Meaning wrote:

So much courage.

The weakness just oozes out of you. You are a coward based on observable qualities in your character, which include your feminine nature and your deficiencies as a man. That's not going to change by employing this weak rhetorical strategy.

The Holocaust (TM) does not fit into a confirm or deny paradigm, that's merely you using the language of the people who've told you to think. I've looked into it and I've concluded that it did not happen anything like we're constantly told it did, if it happened at all, and liars like Wiesel are a part of that. I have no reason to be subtle about this or anything else, and you aren't going to gain man points pretending otherwise. Back in the cuck shed, little boy.

A plethora of insults demonstrates that you traffic in emotion and not facts.

Yet another thread where I expected a confrontation and instead get a retread of tired fringe internet-culture insults.

Look, if you can't finish these exchanges, don't start them. Capiche?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: