Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016 Summer Olympics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btsmrtfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: 2016 Summer Olympics Reply with quote

The 2016 Summer Olympics will be history in a few more days.

The U.S. seems destined to walk away with the most Gold medals and the most medals, overall.

That should put an immediate end to any discussion as to which team came in first place, i.e., the most Gold medals or total medals.Wink

https://www.google.com/search?q=olympics+medal+tally&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=3iS1V_jIMoXC1ATW34b4BQ
TorontoToronto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed watching these games. Not as balls out showy as some others. The 1992 winter games in Albertville, France was like the French trying to convince the rest of the world no one does culture like them. Meh.

I only wish the IOC had the balls to ban Russia in total. At least the paralympics had the balls. I'd love to see the paralympics merged with the olympics, instead of being an after thought. Have all the games and athletes compete together.

I'm not sure why we have to create different games for people with different physical abilities. It's like having an all male olympics and then two weeks later having one "for the ladies".
btsmrtfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there is this notion:Rolling Eyes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/18/eu-puts-itself-at-the-top-of-rio-olympics-medal-table/
TorontoToronto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btsmrtfan wrote:
Then there is this notion:Rolling Eyes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/18/eu-puts-itself-at-the-top-of-rio-olympics-medal-table/

Not being European, I do like the idea of a Europe that views itself as a whole. A united states of Europe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: