Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duty Free Question - International to Domestic Flight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Duty Free Question - International to Domestic Flight Reply with quote

Can I transfer duty free liquor (sealed in bag) from an international flight (Manila Terminal 3) to a domestic flight (Davao Terminal 3) as carry on? Or do I have to stow it as check-in on the domestic route?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Duty Free Question - International to Domestic Flight Reply with quote

Wad wrote:
Can I transfer duty free liquor (sealed in bag) from an international flight (Manila Terminal 3) to a domestic flight (Davao Terminal 3) as carry on? Or do I have to stow it as check-in on the domestic route?

Arriving at terminal 3 international and transferring to a domestic at terminal 3?

You have to get your bags after you clear immigration, go through customs and re-check your bags for the domestic flight.

You will need to check the booze into your checked luggage when you check in for the domestic flight since you won't clear security with them on the domestic side of the terminal/

Wad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup..that's correct. Incheon-Manila-Davao. Arrive & depart Terminal 3. Interestingly I've had someone else tell me (Philippine forums - PI@Night) that they've been able to get perfume (over the 100ml limit) through domestic security because it was sealed in the duty-free bag with the receipt stapled to the outside. Just wanted to see if anyone else here has had any luck.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wad wrote:
Yup..that's correct. Incheon-Manila-Davao. Arrive & depart Terminal 3. Interestingly I've had someone else tell me (Philippine forums - PI@Night) that they've been able to get perfume (over the 100ml limit) through domestic security because it was sealed in the duty-free bag with the receipt stapled to the outside. Just wanted to see if anyone else here has had any luck.

They weren't carrying one or two 750ml or 1 liter sized jugs of perfume.
You can take up to 2 bottles of up to 1 liter each duty free but they will likely make you check it when you re-check your luggage after clearing customs.

thrylos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it is within 24 hours of purchase and the seal and receipt aren't tampered with/opened in the special travel bag, it shouldn't be an issue, even if transferring. (international regulations). However, being the Philippines, it is an entirely different matter.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrylos wrote:
As long as it is within 24 hours of purchase and the seal and receipt aren't tampered with/opened in the special travel bag, it shouldn't be an issue, even if transferring. (international regulations). However, being the Philippines, it is an entirely different matter.

International to international then no issue. Just cruise through the transfer point and security is easy since you have never left a secure zone.

International to domestic means you have exited the secure area to go through customs and immigration.
You are no longer "secure" and need to clear in through security again - hence the issue. Check it or lose it - especially at terminal 3 (Cebu Pac and Zest).

Wad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently in the states TSA have lightened up on transferring duty-free liquor from international to domestic flights.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/31/travel/tsa-international-duty-free-liquids/

And since the Philippines follows TSA rules it may be possible. Others, in other forums, have reported getting through at Terminal 3 in Manila.

But as with the Philippines you never know for sure. I'll find out next month and post back.
Wad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to follow up on this post. I was able to transfer 2 liters of duty free liquor through domestic security (carry-on) no problem. As long as its still in the sealed bag it is not an issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: