Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! Bad experience with KIRS, need advice!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: HELP! Bad experience with KIRS, need advice! Reply with quote

Hey guys I need some help here.

I applied to GOE and was accepted for a November position. I was working with KIRS. After I was accepted my recruiter gave me wrong information about what documents they require ( aka I have my masters degree apostilled and he said that would be fine but they also wanted bachelors degree which I would have to re-order from my undergrad and it would take too long to get) He made it clear that the document would be necessary. I at one point was going to mail the documents, however when I heard about the new requirement obviously did not. I also made no " I accept" statements.

So i tried to get the bachelors degree document....Then I sent him several emails attempting to clarify and he didn't respond for a week. I assumed I was no longer eligible.

I then went to email him to tell him I was going to accept an offer elsewhere and he sends me all these angry emails that I cannot withdraw and that now they don't need the bachelors degree copy and if I don't stay with GOE I cannot teach in Korea for a year. He says he already contacted the Korean Immigration Service and they are processing my visa!He said some random thing about a PLEDGE. This is all very stressful, any advice here?

I don't want to accept the GOE offer anymore, but am unsure how to move forward. It seems that he is angry and trying to bully me into staying with GOE but maybe I am wrong?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is an angry recruiter who just lost a 2 million won fish.
He is blustering to try to scare you into staying with him rather than take another job that he won't get paid for.

You have no worry. If you didn't sign a contract then there is nothing.
Block the recruiter from your e-mail. Move on and don't look back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: