Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Background Check for F6 transferring to University job?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alwaysgood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: New Background Check for F6 transferring to University job? Reply with quote

Would an F6 holder currently registered as a teacher be required to have a new background check if moving to a university job? How about if it is in another province?

I suppose there are two aspects of this situation that I am unsure of:

1. I know a background check is needed to teach in elementary school contexts, even if you have a visa to be in the country (F6 in this case). Does the same apply at university, or is the check only for visa purposes there?

2. If it is required beyond visa purposes, can a previous background check be transferred to the new university job if you have no gaps in employment? Would this only be possible in the same province?

Thanks in advance.
Coltronator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I needed a background check as an F6 I was only required to get a Korean one. But they had originally requested a Canadian one. My wife talked to the MOE over the phone and they decided that since I had submitted like 3 in the last 4 years and had lived in Korea for those last 4 years that they would just accept a Korean one.
alwaysgood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I haven't heard of a Korean CBC being needed or sufficient before. It seems that yours is a special case though. My last one was in 2015, and the one before was maybe 2011 or so. Maybe I should get another background check just in case.
Gatorwild

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I transferred to another university and they required a new criminal background check. I pointed out that I had an F-6 visa and it wasn't required, but they said for them it was required. So this might be an issue where the university decides if they want a new one or not.
Coltronator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a University job isn't actually required to have a CBA for the job as no minors are involved just one is required if you need a VISA.....hmmmm
Coltronator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a University job isn't actually required to have a CBA for the job as no minors are involved just one is required if you need a VISA.....hmmmm
denverdeath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coltronator wrote:

Some unis might have unigwons w kindy classes, which MAY require some more paperwork. I'm f5 but was on f2 or sth b4. Background check was req'd at my current place 10 yrs back. Not sure now. I think i actually was an f5 b4 starting here. They still req'd a check.I went to the local head copshop and got 1 done. Cheap n easy. Last time i was in canada, my city's cops told me to go away as i hadnt lived there in 15 yrs. If ur from N.A., get the korean 1 done...IF ur N f visa. MUCH cheaper n quicker than a cdn or american one.
denverdeath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverdeath wrote:
Coltronator wrote:

Some unis might have unigwons w kindy classes, which MAY require some more paperwork. I'm f5 but was on f2 or sth b4. Background check was req'd at my current place 10 yrs back. Not sure now. I think i actually was an f5 b4 starting here. They still req'd a check.I went to the local head copshop and got 1 done. Cheap n easy. Last time i was in canada, my city's cops told me to go away as i hadnt lived there in 15 yrs. If ur from N.A., get the korean 1 done...IF ur N f visa. MUCH cheaper n quicker than a cdn or american one.

Forgot to mention. Pretty sure the less than 6 months rule applies, so a check done 80 yrs ago aint gonna work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: