Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teach ESL Korea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivogt89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Teach ESL Korea Reply with quote

Hey all,

Here to say some nice words about Teach ESL Korea, for all those thinking about using their services to find a contract in Korea.

First, a little context -- I spent a year in Gwangju teaching at a hagwon. I taught a good range of ages -- from pre-k to middle school. Pretty much all conversational English stuff. I taught at Brighton Junior English Language School, and I liked my job there. It was pretty busy, but that comes with the territory, I think. I was well compensated; the money was always on time; I loved my coworkers; my living situation was satisfactory; the kids were great. Also, Gwangju is just a great little city.

Now, a word about Teach ESL Korea -- I had a lot of hesitation at first to take the dive with teaching abroad. Real talk -- I was terrified. I do feel like Dan at TEK was there to answer any and every question I had and try his best to make sure I was comfortable during the process. There's no sugar-coating this -- hagwons can make pretty stringent contracts. No recruiter is going to be able to change that. But they can steer you into the right direction, and I do feel like Dan helped me do that.

For all of you thinking about taking the dive -- do it! I'm so thankful I did. I grew a lot as a person and professional through the experience. Make sure you're vigilant during the application process, choose a recruiter you're comfortable with, and make sure you're comfortable with your contract!
10YearsExp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwangju, a lovely city, I went once for an interview at Simon's English School
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: