Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rent in Seoul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seamstressfortheband

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Rent in Seoul Reply with quote

Hello!

Just been offered a job in Seoul and my housing allowance will be 950,000 (however, it's actually just paid with salary and thus irrelevant - total inc housing is something like 3.6 or 3.7)

Just wondering how much I can expect to pay in rent? I'll be working in Jamsil area but thinking of living somewhere like Kondae (but open to other locations as well and suggestions very welcome!!). I keep seeing rent has gone up a lot lately, wondering how much I'll have to fork out for a one-bedroom not completely tiny apt? They also provide 15 million key money but I have some savings and could add to this, if necessary. Not sure how much of a difference key money still makes (if any).

I lived in Seoul 2007-2011 and lived in shared apts in HBC area where I paid around 275,000-400,000 for a room in a 2/3 bed apt. But I'm not 22 anymore and I want my own place!

Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: