Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post office lost my Visa passport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jibbelee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Post office lost my Visa passport Reply with quote

So I had everything finished. Contract visa was processed, had a plane ticket, but then I accidentally put the return envelope from the consulate USPS. And now my Visa passport is lost in the mail. So what happens now for getting a job in Korea if they've completely lost my Visa passport. Here's what the post office has said

I regret learning of the inconvenience you have experienced.

Our records indicate your item was sorted on August 28, 2018 at the San Francisco Distribution Center. We currently do not have any further information, please check with the business that receives mail for you. If you have not received your items, please contact the embassy and report a lost passport.

Additionally, please file a missing mail search online: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you.

Sincerely,
San Francisco Consumer Affairs Office

**Your case has been investigated and a solution has been provided to you. Should you have any additional concerns, please return to www.usps.com to send them to the appropriate office. Please do not reply to this message.**

********[/img]
caribmon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had stuff sometimes get mangled in the sorting machine. Very rarely.
If it's not scanned at destination delivery then it is probably 'lost'. It is perplexing how mail gets lost though. It is possible that it can get lost in between the sorting machine and the truck. If it's windy for example. It is also possible they did a no-signature delivery and just threw it somewhere. Being in SF some bum could have swiped it.
I have a shipment right now that Fedex accidentally delivered to my competitor. 1 pallet with 15 cartons, and they lost 1 carton.
So don't blame the post office. Blame all the druggies and retards that are handling the packages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: