Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

understanding a korean tax return

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katieella

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: understanding a korean tax return Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
If I'm posting this in the wrong area, please let me know.
I need some help understanding the receipt of the tax return my school helped me file. I need to know which fields related to the US IRS income tax forms for net income, AGI, and income tax. I found an English version of the form I have, but I'm not completely sure how the fields match up.
Please let me know if you can help, and if this is not the right place to ask please let me know.
thank you!
katie
isitts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For filing Korean taxes or US taxes? I’m guessing the latter (for the foreign earned income exemption)...in which case you don’t need to interpret any tax return receipt. If you know your monthly income then you can calculate your annual income...which should be nowhere near exceeding the exemption limit.

There’s a sticky on US taxes on this forum. You can look through that, too.
katieella

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: understanding a korean tax return Reply with quote

isitts wrote:
For filing Korean taxes or US taxes? I’m guessing the latter (for the foreign earned income exemption)...in which case you don’t need to interpret any tax return receipt. If you know your monthly income then you can calculate your annual income...which should be nowhere near exceeding the exemption limit.

There’s a sticky on US taxes on this forum. You can look through that, too.

I need the tax information to complete financial paperwork for my university. They need to know net income vs AGI and while I know my net income I don't know which is the AGI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: