Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revival
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Daves was the place to go back in the day. The jobs board is still quite active. I wonder if he will ever redesign the site?
Mr. Pink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRagic wrote:
There are a ton of success stories to be told, I'm sure, and many will have taken different routes. I also imagine that for every success story, there's a mirror opposite; someone who is bitter and feels boxed in. That's life. The older I get, the more I realize this is not something specific to the expat experience.

I check into these forums maybe twice a year. I am also a bit sad they have been dead for years. If the ESL facebook groups are like the ones I join for my hobbies, they probably get the same posts/questions come up every week and not a lot of really new stuff. (Not saying these forums were much different)

Korea inspired me and gave me a vision for where I wanted to be. I think I wouldn't have gotten that if I didn't push myself while I worked in Korea.

I put in 10 years and left. It's been a while, and I haven't been back to live and work as I've now put in 10 years in China.

I don't do ESL though...but it is where I started and I always respect those who start with that and push themselves higher (B.Ed/MA/PhD) to be more than an entry level worker.
IlIlNine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see all of these old names in this thread. Hope everyone's well.

I've also moved on from ESL - feels like a lifetime ago - but am doing really well in the IT field.

I'm still in Korea - fun to watch it evolve.
fidel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to find my favourite thread "freaky waygooks in korea" for a chuckle but it seems to have been deleted...greatest thread ever!!
movybuf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check in here every so often just to see what is going on, and it’s usually nothing. I’ve been out of Korea the last three years after 15 years there. I’m happy to be out of there, but I do miss the place every once in a while.
fidel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, as do I. Sad to see the forums die. I was in K land between 2000 and 2006. Lots of great conversations, arguments, moaning and whining. I still visit korea every couple of years as love the food, culture and landscape. Also like to check on my tomb statues i dug up while forraging on a mountain deep in the countryside of jeolla bukdo. While i have a executive level job in NZ i still dream of returning one day soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: