Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Given 3 months notice and want to Transfer E-2 Visa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth_SA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Given 3 months notice and want to Transfer E-2 Visa Reply with quote

Hi, let me explain the situation.

I've got a great Hagwan that I've worked at for 18 months now. 1 year contract from August 2017 - August 2018, then renewed contract for another second year, from August 2018 - Sept 2019 (current contract)

But the school has had some legal issues and is changing it's direction. Owner feel's very bad but has just given me 3 months notice 11th Feb, and last day of pay will be 11th May. (getting a letter of release is no problem, but the date on the letter of release will be May 11th, not the end of the contract on September 16th)

Now my question, do I have 15 or 30 days from that date (May 11th) to transfer to a new E-2 visa at a new school? that is a bad time to find a job but I was wondering if I have all the way until what is shown on my ARC card, September 16, 2019 to transfer it.

If that is the case, perhaps I can find a school in May that will want to do the paperwork and transfer it over in May, but only start in September (as that will be good as I can go home to visit family for a month or two, versus going straight from current job to new job with no holiday.

Please advise.

Regards
PRagic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTompatz will be the authority, but can't you get a D-10 extention visa to bridge the time until you get another E-2? And then with the letter of release, you won't need to leave the country to get the new E-2.

Check with immigration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: