Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

money
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Flower wrote:
Isn't ATM and EFTPOS basically the same thing? Back home I had the same card for everything.

What about getting a credit card? Has anyone tried this? I guess if i have a visa card for here, it will work back home, though it would be more expensive.

Zyzyfer - did you get gifts too, when you opened your account?

I have no clue what EFTPOS is but Nonghyup has two ATM cards: one domestic ATM card and an "international" one that is connected to Cirrus, Plus, etc. The international one will have the Cirrus symbol and maybe says "International" somewhere on it. The domestic has nothing on it except for the Nongyhup name and logo. If you have want the intl. one, just go to a branch and ask for one- the card is free.

I've opened up two accounts with Nonghyup, and neither time did I get free gifts; i got rip-offed. Smile
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFTPOS stands for: Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale - instead of using your trusty visa card for everything, back home, you can use your eftpos card, and buy things with that.

Thank you so much for the info on the Ngonhyuip - however you spell it - bank, i wasn;t really that excited about trying to open a bank account when i can only speak 2 words of korean.

The presents rocked. Made my day, really. They weren't too exciting though - an umbrella - which broke on sat night, some containers, and one of those travel mugs, a nice stainless steel one.
Fallacy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread revitalization. People seem to enjoy posting, boasting, roasting over this topic repeatedly, so have at it right here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: