Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criminal Cert Doc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamespulis3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Criminal Cert Doc Reply with quote

I am being hired by a university and they need a "Criminal Certification Document" from me. I am from the USA and I am not going back to the States prior to taking this new job.

How can I get a "Criminal Certification Document" without going back to the USA?
Rand Al Thor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of this. what school is asking for it? I wouldn't want to work there. just imagine what other BS they will pull on you once you get hired.
gajackson1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm right with Rand on this one. I can sort of see it, but if you are a certified teacher, it is already included.

Likewise, I am pretty sure there is some sort of general background check through immigration (but I may be wrong).

In any case, if you are serious, this would be the easiest way (although I have no idea about the costs):

http://www.criminal-records.com/

Good luck (I mean it more than usual, in this case!)

G.
mysteriousdeltarays

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would dodge that job although in Central and South America these things are common. You just get a notorized letter (good luck) from your home town police department saying that you have no criminal record.

Obviously this can't be done, because you have to pay the notary, and the cops aren't about to do this anyway. You are just another nut confessing to shooting Kennedy from the Grassy Knoll.

Who would have this strange criminal records URL at hand?

Did I meet you? I won't use your name. Last I saw you at Woodstock? This was years ago. You'd, what was it is it, discharging a firearm in city limits? You took a few shots at the gang members?

I associate with a former Nazi War Criminal so I kind of laugh, but one thing for sure, don't be a criminal.

I would think here ask your home town police department for a letter. I'm sure it would work. I agreee this sounds like a very odd demand.
Captain Obvious 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Criminal Cert Doc Reply with quote

jamespulis3 wrote:
I am being hired by a university and they need a "Criminal Certification Document" from me. I am from the USA and I am not going back to the States prior to taking this new job.

How can I get a "Criminal Certification Document" without going back to the USA?

That's a fancy way of saying "criminal record". Basically you have to go to a police department, bring your ID, pay a few dollars, and fill out the form saying you want a copy of your criminal record.

I had to do that for a couple jobs before such as working inside a bank and high end electronics store.

So unless you're prepared to return back home (or Hawaii, you could do it there too), it looks like there is no job for you.

Some people believe that you can't get a passport if you have a criminal record. Passports and criminal records are not related. So just having a passport doesn't mean you don't have a record.
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, other people can do a criminal record check for you, and then send it to Korea via mail...

Hope that is helpful..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: